Deploying on Windows problems

Hi, I'm a bit concerned about our very first attempt at deploying our first application (developed by a third party for us). We have a dedicated server where all our databases are located. We have setup the Mendix application on this server and i have managed to run it. However, this is as far as we have got and for the last couple of days we have gone from quite liking Mendix to hating it. We have been told about 5 different conflicting solutions but none of them seem simple to setup. I am not an expert on IIS, but feel that I am expected to be, judging from the documentation provided by Mendix. What we need is to be able for our staff to be able to use the Application from their PC without having to directly log onto the server. This seems a simple request, but it seems as if it will never happen. Are we the only 'customer' who are having issues deploying an application?
asked
4 answers

Robert, it's pretty frustrating that you had issues with deploying your first application on a server. But maybe it will help when you ask your specific questions on this forum. You're talking about "problems" in your post, but I don't see any specific issue where we could help you with. Please edit your question and tell us what is going wrong. Then we can answer your questions.

You said the application is developed by a third party. Is a deployment on a server not part of your project? Why is the deployment not accomplished by your partner?

answered

For single sign on, take a look at this appstore module: It allows users to login automatically if logged on to a windows network domain.

answered

Sounds like you could write your own login handler. I do believe the license pool manager (in the appstore) does something similar. I'm not sure how this feature is related to IIS though.

answered

It sounds like what you want is a single sign on solution. There currently are ways to achieve this, but they are not to be taken lightly.

Starting from Mendix 5 this should become easier. However, i can imagine that you do not wish to wait that long for your problem to be solved. So as Samet suggested if you could explain your issues a bit more then maby we can help you out.

answered