Unable to convert from v3.3.3 to 4.2.2

Hi, I'm migrating an application from v2.5+ to the latest v4+. In testing the convertion from v2.5+ to v3.3.3 worked well, all items with errors updated/fixed, and now I was trying to migrate from v3.3.3 to 4.2.2 the latest version and recommended to get onto, but keep getting an incompatible error?! I've also tried to convert from 3.3.3 to 4.1.0 and got exactly the same error. The project located at C:\Development\Projects\myproject_v3.3.3\project.mpr could not be opened, because it was created with version 3.3.3 of the Modeler, which is incompatible with this version of the Modeler.
asked
3 answers

I apologize, we forgot to add 3.3.3 to the list of convertable versions in the latest 4.x release. I suggest filing a ticket if you must convert to the latest 4 version really soon, if not you can wait for the 4.3 release where this will be possible.

answered

Strange. That's normally the type of message you'd expect when trying to open a project in an earlier version of the Modeler.

Looking at the 3.3.3 release, it seems to contain some changes that are also in version 4.2.2, but not in 4.1.0. I wonder whether that is the issue.

Have you tried updating:

(a) from v2.5 directly to v4.1.0

(b) from 3.3.3 to v4.2.2

answered

This makes sense as your 3.3.3 version is much newer than the 4.1.0 release. Normally you'd need a later 4.x build to convert this project. However, in this case we also forgot to add 3.3.3 to the list of convertable versions. I suggest filing a ticket if you must convert to the latest 4 version.

answered