Download file (Export to Excel and more) in IE blocked

All, I've searched the forum for word like 'blocked' 'file' 'IE'. I came across this, but this doesn't solve my problem: https://community.mendix.com/questions/3867/Download%20on%20Internet%20explorer%20not%20working In short: When a user does 'Export to excel' (basic Mendix button in grid) the file can not be downloaded by a user. A message pops up with a security warning. After approving the user can download the file, but the page reloads. how can I prevent this.
asked
2 answers

Roeland, Not sure what version of IE you are using, but in IE 8, the following should resolve this issue: - Go to the Tools menu and open Internet Options - Navigate to the Privacy tab - In the Pop-up Blocker section, click the Settings button - In the Pop-up Blocker Settings window, add the URL for your Mendix application to the list of allowed sites

That solved it for my application.

Good luck,

Mike

answered

As Mike pointed out, this is a security setting. I've had similar problems at a customer, where users could not edit IE's settings. We've taken this issue to the IT department of the customer, and they added the Mendix application to a white list.

answered