Can I suppress the default select button on a datagrid invoked from a reference set selector?

When a datagrid is invoked from the 'select' button on a refernce set selector Medix automatically (it appears) adds a 'select' button to the datagrid to allow the selection to be returned to the reference set. I want to replace this default 'select' button with a custom 'select' button which invokes a microflow. I have created the custom button & the microfolw which work fine, but I can't see any way to remove the default 'select' button from the datagrid. Is this possible? Thanks.
asked
5 answers

It is not possible to remove the default select button. The client always places this select button.

If you really want a custom reference set selector it is better to use a custom invoke button in your dataview to open a popup with a datagrid with your self-made select button (instead of using the default reference set behaviour).

So, instead of using the default add / select button in a reference set selector which opens a popup, you have to remove that add/select button or set the reference set selector to read only. An additional button placed in the form simulate the add / select behaviour.

answered

Hi Fedor - Thanks, but I don't think this works. I think you are referring to the select button on the reference set selector itself, which can be set to invisible. This is not what I want to do. I need the select button on the reference set selector to be available. But this button then invokes a datagrid form in which I make my selection. On this datagrid form there is a 'select' button, which does not appear in the form desgner, so must be added by Mendix when the form is invoked from a reference set selector. This is the 'select' button that I want to suppress, but I'm not sure it's possible.

answered

You could set the datagrid's click event to 'none' instead of 'ReturnSelected'. The default 'select' button will disappear. Then you could add an invoke button which invokes on selection. Then you could handle this by using a customized microflow which closes the selection datagrid and set the selected values to the preferred object.

Hope this will be helpful!

answered

Hi Fedor - thanks again, but this still does not achieve what I need. I have set the click event to DoNothing, but the select button still appears.

answered

You can set the default 'select' button to invisible by clicking the right mouse button. After that, the user won't have access to the default 'select' button.

answered