different date stamp from same datepicker widget when entering the same date?!

Hi, we have a few entities with a date attribute which is set to current date time when object created. In form user has the option to use date picker widget to select another date. British Summer Time (BST) came into action on the 1st of April. This means when create an object with dates we get the date set to one hour less what is actually (e.g.: UTC time: 2013-04-09 07:36:25.100 Local time: 2013-04-09 08:36:25.100 +0100) So far so good, as we can manipulate the date. However when using just the date picker widget, when the user selects a date (e.g. 06/04/2013), we get very different values in two forms, using the same widget with the same attribute settings (different attributes of course). DeliveryNoteDate (Date attribute) set to currentDate when creating the object PettyCashDate (Date attribute) set to currentDate when creating the object Selecting the delivery note date, the user gets this: UTC time: 2013-04-06 00:00:00.000 Local time: 2013-04-06 01:00:00.000 +0100 selecting the petty cash date, the user gets this: UTC time: 2013-04-05 23:00:00.000 Local time: 2013-04-06 00:00:00.000 +0100 These two values are set buy the same widget in different forms when user enters the same date. How can we be getting two very different values? No dates have been manipulated at this time. I have deleted the widget, recreated it, and still no change (in the past we have recreated the exact same widgets to get rid of these daft errors). Am I missing something here? LR.
asked
1 answers

Ok, may be totally not related but we had a april fools day problem with this widget. Entering the first of april resulted in the 31st of march in the database. I could not believe this untill I saw it with my own eyes.

But we could not reproduce this in another project. We really thought somebody pulled a practical joke, but since no way to reproduce this we did not do anything with it.

Did you check the timezone setting of the user vs timezone setting of the application?

Could there be a bug somewhere with DST in this widget?

Regards,

Ronald

answered