Integrate external widgets on website and mobile app

We would like to add some external widgets on our website and mobile app. For example to show to current weather forecast from weather.com you must include the following code to your web page: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://voap.weather.com/weather/oap/NLXX0002?template=GENXV&par=3000000007&unit=1&key=twciweatherwidget"></script> It looks rather simple, but I don't get it to work. I have already tried to use the HTMLSnippet widget but when using the Javascript option the website shows an syntax error. When using the HTML option nothing seems to happen. Another thing is that the HTMLSnippet widget is not available for mobile forms. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
asked
1 answers

You can put the script in the index.html. Download a theme and unzip it in the theme folder. Modify the index.html. Or copy a index.html from the deployment/web into theme folder.

The HTMLSnippet widget does not support the src-attribute.

Edit: regular src can work, but in this case the javascript is surrounded with document.write which is not supported. Other weather widgets may work, but maybe better in a Mendix Widget.

answered