Non-persistent objects

I have large form with over 500 fields and several hundred Microflows which perform simple calculations on those fields. However due to the number of fields the engine takes more then 3 seconds to work itself through all the operations by which the enduser typing into the next field find himself with a empty field because the form repaints itself. Thus I had the idea of working with non-persistent objects. I made a non-persistent copy of the object, remove all the Microflows from the motherobject. I thought then all the work is done in memory and the form would be must faster. But to my surprise the On Changes and the Microflows don't' work; actually they are not called by the non persistent form. What am I missing? Is there a alternative approach?
asked
2 answers

Herman - what types of calculations are being performed? Is it possible to break the form up into a number of separate forms? 500 fields is a lot for one form and, if any microflow based calculations are performed, will likely take longer than acceptable for users. For many form purposes, you can use built in functionality like constrained by and xpath constraints to implement form functionality. These built capabilities are far faster than microflow based constraints, etc. Hopefully there is something helpful in my response.

Mike

answered

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your answer. From another collegue I got extra information. For mne this problem is now solved. Thanks!

answered