Looking for notification dynamic image as in Mendix app platform home

Hi, We are looking for a widget that can provide functionality comparable to the dynamic notification icon used in the top right menu bar in the Mendix app platform home page. The image displays the number of notifications and changes color when applicable. If I am not mistaken, this is not present in the appstore yet. Are there any plans to release something like it shortly or did anyone create something like this before? Thanks. Brian
asked
2 answers

Looking at the mendix pages, this seems to be achieved by using 2 elements - the mail icon as a background and the counter with appropriate css styling.

I just had a quick test using the following in my css:

.updates-counter {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF !important;
    border-radius: 8px 8px 8px 8px !important;
    box-shadow: 0 2px 2px #186BA1 inset !important;
    display: inline-block !important;
    font-size: 10px !important;
    height: 16px !important;
    line-height: 16px !important;
    position: relative !important;
    right: 4px !important;
    text-align: center !important;
    top: -6px !important;
    width: 16px !important;
}
.updates-wrapper {
    background: url("ui/images/icons/Administration$mail.png") no-repeat scroll left center transparent !important;
    padding-left: 10px;
    position: relative;
    right: 6px;
    top: 3px;
}

and used the updates-counter for the class of the data, and updates-wrapper for the class of the containing table cell. This seems to give the correct layout.

answered

You could model something easily by creating a notification object, associated to the user. By using the formloader widget, you can create a form which is showing the notifications and insert this formloader in your theming. This way you can show any form always fixed in your theming.

answered