Strange org.apache.fop.apps warning

Hi all, Suddenly (I think after migrating our application from 4.2.2 to 4.5.0) we sometimes get this sort of warnings: org.apache.fop.apps.FOUserAgent Content overflows the viewport of the fo:region-before on page 6 in block-progression direction by 28800 millipoints. (See position 17:982) And something that looks like this: org.apache.fop.apps.FOUserAgent Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area by 10442 millipoints. (See position 17:1964) After googling for a while, I still don't understand what it excactly is and how it impacts our application. Is anyone familiar with this sort of warnings? Thanks in advance! Edit: model version = 4.5.0, not 2.5.0
asked
1 answers

This warning is generated by apache fop which is the library of apache for generating pdf's using xslfo's.

Basically what it sais is you (or mendix) defined a size of your region-before (usualy a header or title of something) area but its contents require more space. This results in overflowing contents and could lead to ugly pdf's.

The second warning is kind of the same warning but then for some paragraph which has a predefined size but it is overflown by 10442 millipoints

Why mendix is suddenly showing these warnings i don't know. Perhaps they updated the fop library or maby they thought that it could help you debug your pdf's better.

answered