problem converting to release 5

Hi, I'm trying to convert to release 5 and can't get past stage 2. I get the following messages: Buildfile: C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\deployment\build_core.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 233 source files to C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\deployment\run\bin [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\javasource\comfgfg\mendix\core\Core.java:46: duplicate class: com.mendix.core.Core [javac] public final class Core [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\javasource\excelimporter\reader\readers\ExcelReader.java:32: package com.mendix.m2ee.log does not exist [javac] import com.mendix.m2ee.log.ILogNode; [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\javasource\excelimporter\reader\readers\ExcelReader.java:61: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class ILogNode [javac] location: class excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelReader [javac] public static ILogNode logNode = Core.getLogger("ExcelXLSReader"); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\javasource\excelimporter\reader\readers\ExcelXLSXDataReader.java:29: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class ILogNode [javac] location: class excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelXLSXDataReader [javac] public static ILogNode logNode = Core.getLogger("ExcelXLSXDataReader"); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\javasource\excelimporter\reader\readers\ExcelXLSXHeaderReader.java:26: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : class ILogNode [javac] location: class excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelXLSXHeaderReader [javac] public static ILogNode logNode = Core.getLogger("ExcelXLSXHeaderReader"); [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\javasource\databasereplication\actions\UpdateByMapping.java:50: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : constructor UserAction() [javac] location: class com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction<java.lang.boolean> [javac] super(); [javac] ^ [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. [javac] Note: C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\javasource\com\mendix\core\Core.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details. [javac] 6 errors BUILD FAILED C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\deployment\build_core.xml:22: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 3 seconds any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Frank
asked
2 answers

This looks like issues with the Excel Importer module - have you upgraded this to the correct version? Excel importer v3.2 is designed for the v5 beta releases. Look at the Excel importer in the App Store and locate version 3.2 from the All Releases tab (it is not the latest release)

answered

Hi David,

Thank you. it almost worked. It got a lot further now. this is what I'm getting now. Buildfile: C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\deployment\build_core.xml

compile: [javac] Compiling 232 source files to C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\deployment\run\bin [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\javasource\comfgfg\mendix\core\Core.java:46: duplicate class: com.mendix.core.Core [javac] public final class Core [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\javasource\databasereplication\actions\UpdateByMapping.java:50: cannot find symbol [javac] symbol : constructor UserAction() [javac] location: class com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction<java.lang.boolean> [javac] super(); [javac] ^ [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. [javac] Note: C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\javasource\com\mendix\core\Core.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations. [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details. [javac] 2 errors

BUILD FAILED C:\Documents and Settings\Frank\My Documents\CCVehicle\deployment\build_core.xml:22: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 2 seconds

answered