Refresh of object after creation of association

I'm struggling with a construction which I used many times in the past, but it doesn't seem to work anymore (Or i'm completely wrong). I have a form opened in content with an 'order' object. In that form I have a dataview with a microflow as as a source. The microflow retrieves an existing orderline and passes it back to the dataview and if it doesn't exist it will create one. Problem is that I only can create a new orderline when I know some other attributes and associations. So I step out this fetch or create microflow when the required fields are missing to call it on a later momemt, when the user provided all needed attributes and associations. I tried this with a refresh of the order and the orderline object after the user provided all required fields in a onchange which is already triggering. But it seems that the refresh never happens. My form is simply not refreshing and I don't see my fetch or create microflow triggering, because my breakpoint is never hit after my refresh. So in my form I don't have the possibility to trigger my dataview-microflow. When I hit the refresh button in my mendix toolbar it suddenly works and my dataview microflow is triggered. I even tried the community commons refreshclass java-action but it doesn't work. It's no option to trigger the microflow with a button because it needs to be triggered automatically when the required input is entered by the user. Is this related to Mendix 4 or am I doing something wrong?
asked
2 answers

Samet In my (limited) experience, microflow sourced datavies only invoke the microflow when the page itself is opened or refreshed. I looked in the documentation, which seems to confirm that on this page: DataView Documentation

Perhaps in your microflow you could close the existing page and reopen the same page and pass it the order object (I know that seems clunky, just thinking about ways to accomplish this)?

answered

I solved this with another approach to have a correct refresh when using microflows as a datasource. Read my blog: http://appronto.nl/over-appronto/blog/customers-love-inline-editing-in-their-app/

answered