FTP Client in the cloud.

Currently I've implemented a solution using an FTP Client module. When I deploy it locally, it works fine. When it's transferred to the cloud however, the not everything works as expected. When I try to send files using the proper credentials I get the following error: Errortype: java.security.AccessControlException Errormessage: access denied (java.io.FilePermission /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/files/00/25 read) Stacktrace: ----------------------------------------- com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: Exception occured for document ITEMS_BASIC_1.xml with action SEND. at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:232) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: Exception occured for document ITEMS_BASIC_1.xml with action SEND. at hC.b(SourceFile:218) Caused by: Exception occured for document ITEMS_BASIC_1.xml with action SEND. at ftpconnection.helpers.HandleFileFtp.handleFile(HandleFileFtp.java:100) Caused by: access denied (java.io.FilePermission /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/files/00/25 read) at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source) at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source) at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(Unknown Source) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FTPClient.put(FTPClient.java:2571) at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FileTransferClient.uploadFile(FileTransferClient.java:857) at com.enterprisedt.net.ftp.FileTransferClient.uploadFile(FileTransferClient.java:831) at ftpconnection.helpers.HandleFileFtp.handleFile(HandleFileFtp.java:63) at ftpconnection.actions.SendFileDocumentToFTPLocation.executeAction(SendFileDocumentToFTPLocation.java:49) at ftpconnection.actions.SendFileDocumentToFTPLocation.executeAction(SendFileDocumentToFTPLocation.java:23) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hC.b(SourceFile:207) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:226) at ln.a(SourceFile:69) at mt.a(SourceFile:72) at ms.a(SourceFile:151) at ms.executeAction(SourceFile:98) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hC.b(SourceFile:207) at com.mendix.core.Core.executeSync(SourceFile:203) at lo.a(SourceFile:60) at mt.a(SourceFile:72) at ms.a(SourceFile:151) at ms.executeAction(SourceFile:98) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hC.b(SourceFile:207) at com.mendix.core.Core.executeSync(SourceFile:203) at lo.a(SourceFile:60) at mt.a(SourceFile:72) at ms.a(SourceFile:151) at ms.executeAction(SourceFile:98) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hC.b(SourceFile:207) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:226) at gn.execute(SourceFile:186) at jd.a(SourceFile:319) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker.a(SourceFile:170) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.a(SourceFile:161) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.apply(SourceFile:160) at akka.actor.Actor$class.apply(Actor.scala:545) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker.apply(SourceFile:156) at akka.actor.LocalActorRef.invoke(ActorRef.scala:910) at akka.dispatch.MessageInvocation.invoke(MessageHandling.scala:25) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:223) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:195) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) at akka.dispatch.MonitorableThread.run(ThreadPoolBuilder.scala:192) When I analyse this, this looks I don't have read access to the file in question in the cloud. Probably because I have to send the file using an absolute path in the java code. Does anyone know how to solve this? Regards, Ferry
asked
2 answers

You should use Core.getFileDocumentContent instead of trying to access filedocument files directly by path.

answered

The FTP client does not support using an InputStream sadly enough. Roeland reply got me thinking:

You should use Core.getFileDocumentContent instead of trying to access filedocument files directly by path.

The solution I came up with is the following: I use the InputStream from getFileDocumentContent() to generate a File in the Mendix Temporary folder based on the name of the FileDocument in Mendix. After generating the File, I send it to the FTP location and afterwards, I delete the generated Temporary File.

Thanks Roeland.

answered