why app crash, only after adding an extra index.

On the moment I add an index to an Entity and run / start my app from the modeler in the browser, the app freezes directly after login. In the console i get the message: ( deleting the index from the entity again: everything works normally ) Extra info: the table has 14.000 records now and the field for the index is filled-in for 90% of those records. An unhandled error occurred in the MxRuntime. -------- java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space at java.util.HashMap.createEntry(HashMap.java:768) at java.util.HashMap.putForCreate(HashMap.java:430) at java.util.HashMap.putAllForCreate(HashMap.java:436) at java.util.HashMap.<init>(HashMap.java:225) at java.util.PropertyResourceBundle.<init>(PropertyResourceBundle.java:112) at java.util.ResourceBundle$Control.newBundle(ResourceBundle.java:2334) at java.util.ResourceBundle.loadBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1364) at java.util.ResourceBundle.findBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1328) at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1224) at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:777) at ks.a(SourceFile:135) at ks.a(SourceFile:107) at com.mendix.core.Core.getInternationalizedString(SourceFile:2282) at gt.execute(SourceFile:98) at jb.a(SourceFile:319) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker.a(SourceFile:170) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.a(SourceFile:161) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.apply(SourceFile:160) at akka.actor.Actor$class.apply(Actor.scala:545) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker.apply(SourceFile:156) at akka.actor.LocalActorRef.invoke(ActorRef.scala:910) at akka.dispatch.MessageInvocation.invoke(MessageHandling.scala:25) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:223) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:195) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) at akka.dispatch.MonitorableThread.run(ThreadPoolBuilder.scala:192)
asked
2 answers

Like Samet says, your heap space is probably still set to the minimum of 64 MB and this might just be the thing that tipped it over in terms of size of the application model. I would expect other additions to the model to result in the same thing. It looks like it just barely still loaded the model, but when you actually start doing requests it becomes too much. That said, the actual request that caused this error is when it's loading a bundle to translate something in your model, so it's not directly linked to the index itself.

I also recommend upgrading to version 4.6.0 by the way, but at least definitely to the latest patch release, i.e. 4.5.2.

answered

Hi Robin, could you increase your Java heap space? It seems that the available momory is just not enough to add the index to your table in the database.

You can do that in your project settings.

answered