Setting a label to a string saved in DB

In my project, after users log in, I would like to display some of their data but I cannot find a way how to simply retrieve an attribute and modify e.g. simple string. Also how to start action like that (retrieval and displaying) automatically when a form is displayed? An example, when user logs it, it could say "Hi"+"NameRetrieved
asked
2 answers

Hi Micheal,

Another way to do that is to create a Home page for a defined user role, like customer. So whenever customer login hence automatically show the name of the customer reterived from the database. if you want to show more than just name then please search app store for "format string". Its a very good app for displaying multiple attributes at the same place. Best part of this widget is you can use inline style class as well. Hence this widget comes handy in a situation, when there are mutiple attibutes to display.

Also in order to reterive the name of the user, you can cast currentUser into the domain specfic object to retierve your user name.

Hope this will help! :) Thanks Shubhashish

answered

Micheal,

Have a look at this widget, in addition the login button widget also allows for displaying the username

answered