SFTP server question

We need to set up a FTP connection with a client of ours. The SFTP module is a good start. But for this the client needs a SFTP server. Filezilla server does to my surprise not support SFTP. Does anyone know of a good SFTP server program for Windows? And Google only leads me to paid products. I hope to find a free product. May be somebody from Capgemini could give some info with what server products they are talking to with this app. Regards, Ronald
asked
3 answers

Although windows products exist SFTP was primarily made popular by linux/unix, and especially the openssh implementation. The general recommendation is to use any GNU linux compatible system for SSH/SFTP hosting.

If you don't have any linux systems administration experience I'd highly recommend that you find a professional party to host this for you, as it's very easy to create holes if you don't know what you're doing.

answered

I agree with Achiel. openssh was used by our client, but they had a complete team of experts working on and maintaining the environment. Does your client really wants to send you unstructured data over SFTP? Could you use web services for this over SSL? Seems easier than setting up a new SFTP environment...

answered

FileZilla claims to support SFTP: here

Alternatively you could use CoreFTP: here or WinSCP: here.

answered