Postgres Restore

I have a question (or issue) one of you might be able to help me with. After downloading a backup from a acceptance environment i wanted to restore it locally using pgadmin / pgrestore. My Backup file is for version 8.4.17 and my Postgres version is 8.4.17 as well. Trying to run the restore i get the following error: D:\Program Files (x86)\pgAdmin III\1.8\pg_restore.exe -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -d "database name" -v "Pathname+location.backup" pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.11) in file header I cannot figure out why i can't restore it. any help would be much appreciated.
asked
4 answers

You're probably creating/restoring between incompatible postgres versions.

See this stackoverflow question for an example.

And for even more info you can always google "pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.11) in file header"

answered

I allways do the restore form pgAdmin. Create a database there with correct owner and do a restore where you set the rolename with the correct owner and do not save owner, privilege and tablespace. This way the restore should work.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

It is now fixed, my pg_restore was broken and my command was slightly off. fixed both and now it works.

answered

I got the same error but thats because i used pgadmin 9,1 to dump the database, and on the server it has 8.x. After dumping the database with pgadmin 8.x everything was fine.

answered