Email tokens template v3.1 and using gmail

I have still some troubles with the new email module. The first problem is setting it up in the standard cloud. For the mail settings in the standard cloud you can just enter localhost and port 25 but you will now get an java error that you have to supply a username and password. The sollution for this is entering a space at both these settings, but this check should be ommitted by the java code I think because most of the time the Mendix cloud will be used for sending mail. The second problem is trying it to get it local to work with gmail for testing purposes. I tried smtp.gmail.com port 465 and using ssl. Now I just get a java error when trying to send mail (and do not forget to turn of cloud security or adjust the rules). This is the error I get, not very informing why I get an error. Regards, Ronald lg: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Error sending email at Basis.Hotfix_MailSturentest (JavaAction : 'Call 'SendEmail'') Advanced stacktrace: at mx.a(SourceFile:185) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Error sending email at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:232) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Error sending email at hE.b(SourceFile:218) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Error sending email at emailtemplate.mail.Sender.send(Sender.java:142) Caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:306) at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:156) at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:105) at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:168) at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98) at emailtemplate.mail.Sender.send(Sender.java:138) at emailtemplate.mail.EmailModule.mail(EmailModule.java:123) at emailtemplate.actions.SendEmail.executeAction(SendEmail.java:131) at emailtemplate.actions.SendEmail.executeAction(SendEmail.java:24) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hE.b(SourceFile:207) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:226) at ln.a(SourceFile:69) at mx.a(SourceFile:72) at mw.a(SourceFile:151) at mw.executeAction(SourceFile:98) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hE.b(SourceFile:207) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:226) at gp.execute(SourceFile:186) at jd.a(SourceFile:319) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker.a(SourceFile:170) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.a(SourceFile:161) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.apply(SourceFile:160) at akka.actor.Actor$class.apply(Actor.scala:545) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker.apply(SourceFile:156) at akka.actor.LocalActorRef.invoke(ActorRef.scala:910) at akka.dispatch.MessageInvocation.invoke(MessageHandling.scala:25) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:223) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:195) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) at akka.dispatch.MonitorableThread.run(ThreadPoolBuilder.scala:192)
asked
1 answers

Maybe there are 2 problems:

• Do you have the latest version of the module in your project? The latest release notes mention:

Not entering a username now works properly in the public cloud.

• Doesn't the javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException originate from using spaces for your credentials?
answered