Which client widgets would you like to see in the upcoming App Store?

Which client widgets and application templates would you like to see in the upcoming App Store? For example: a twitter feed widget an outlook web access widget a RSS feed widget a task management widget a widget to embed other mendix applications If you have a nice idea for an application template see: Which business templates would you like to see in the App Store Update New widgets can be requested using the Partner Portal. For mendix employees: scheduled apps and their status can be found here.
asked
42 answers

A calendar widget.

Features:

• Show meetings and events.
  • Drag and drop meetings.
  • Double click for details.

See for example Outlook web access.

answered

A Gantt chart widget which is a bar chart that illustrates a project schedule.

answered

Auto completion on search fields, with a turn on and turn off setting.

answered

Google maps integration!

answered

A Google Analytics plugin to see all stats of my web application in Google Analytics.

answered

Rich text editor. Save HTML in a text attribute. Widget should have a view and edit mode.

• View: just show the HTML
  • Edit: What You See Is What You Get Editor (markup, images, layout, tables, lists, etc.).
answered

A bunch of yes/no, confirm/cancel, acknowledge and other simple dialog boxes of the sort provided in Swing by JOptionPane. I'm currently having to implement such things using extensive workarounds.

answered

A "Forgot your password?" widget, which helps the users to receive their password when they simply forgot what their password was?

answered

A datetime picker, i.e. choose date and time (instead of only date).

answered

The facility to provide feedback to the client during long processes, for example being able to update the progress bar with percentage of task completed, or number of records processed, etc.

answered

ah, it seems that we need a widget to display an image based on an arbitrarily URL (string attribute) as well.

answered

A widget to integrate with LinkedIn (i.e. show the LinkedIn profile of a customer directly in my CRM system).

answered

A YouTube widget to show video's in my Mendix application.

answered

"Group by" functionality that allows a user to group a datagrid by a selected column (or columns). Example: List of issues that the user wants to group by status. Or by owner. Or by Status\Category.

answered

Reference selector dropdown with auto-completion, i.e. if you type a dropdown with sugesstions is shown.

answered

Widget to choose an enum value using radio buttons (instead of a dropdown).

answered

Right-click menu. Example.

answered

Several reporting widgets like:

answered

Image view!

Views an image full-screen including support for zooming and panning and an option to scroll to other images within the same template grid.

answered

A filter widget to put besides a datagrid. Enable one or more filter options, choose values in different ways.

See for an example: "verfijn zoekresultaten"

answered

A search widget with a dynamic (instead of static) default value. For example: current date + 30 days as a default search value.

answered

A network diagram that can be used to show N:M dependencies between instances.

answered

A widget for SSRS, Sharepoint, LiveLink.

answered

A widget that supports tags, just like this forum.

answered

A carousel widget.

See for an example: Carousel widget.

answered

A time registration widget with configurable units of time (e.g. days, dayparts, hours) on the horizontal axis and configurable object instances (e.g. assigned tasks) on the vertical axis. Widget should allow user to register "time spent" by checking a cell.

answered

A multi-currency textbox that shows a value in the user preferred currency. Should of course be accompanied with a currency converter.

answered

A popup confirmation widget.

A popup showing up to confirm or decline the execution of a certain Microflow (Currently we're creating a popup object that is deleted after the MF has been executed).

The widget needs to have at least the following features:

• Popup can be triggered from either a MF or invoke button/action trigger
  • Free input text to give user information (with localization)
    • e.g. Do you really want to continue
  • Two buttons to which MF's can be attached (to either execute the MF or decline and rollback)
    • e.g. Yes: execute MF1, No: execute MF2
  • The popup needs to be styled according to the application theme
answered
  • Treeview Widget based on self reference
  • Gui Builder based on objects to add a input widget (Textbox, dropdown, etc)
answered

An enhanced Email module - send SMTP mail with multiple attachments. and POP3 to receive and store incoming mails with attachments

answered

A password check widget which compares two hashed string inputfields

answered

Extension of reference selector drop-downs.

1) If shown attribute is not unique show a second attribute behind the first on

2) If too many records are returned do not give an error, but for example:

a. show a form

b. make the last line mention 'next chunk' for more results

c. just indicate more results (see 3 for coping with this)

3) Allow filtering data by selecting characters that do a leading LIKE 'chars%'

4) Maybe an option to require a minimal amount of characters before the search is done

5) Maybe a user option to select what he wants: dropdown or form?

answered

Drag and drop the order of object in a list. And the possibility to save the new order.

answered

A widget that determines whether or not it is visible based on a microflow and looks like a button which in turn triggers a microflow.

answered

A checkbox list to define a configuration.

For example products (e.g. a phone) can be sold with option 'headset' and color 'white'. Customers buy the phone in a shop and can select those options for the actual order. Another example is events with options like workshops and sessions on which you can subscribe.

answered

LinkedIn would be verry nice for the CRM (isch) applications!

answered

RSS feed widget!

By the way, how do you use the RSS feed in your portal? (i.e. Forum). Is any example where I can see it?

answered

A tree-view widget.

answered

A widget to download with the original filename, so that my browser recognizes the file type and can display the file. Currently users have to downalod, then open the file.

answered

A widget that tells me if "there is already a .... with that name". Lookup up already existing data to prevent duplicate entries is a lot of work.

• Case sensitivity on/off

• Some filtering options, e.g. strip non-characters when comparing

answered

A Google Maps widget with streetview and routeplanner would be cool.

answered
  1. A multiple datepicker based on a multi month calendar. Possibilty to inactivate/activate specific dates Set background color of specific dates
  2. widget for integrating e-herkenning "eHerkenning regelt de digitale herkenning van bedrijven die een overheidsdienst gebruiken."
  3. A more intelligent inline editing grid. With all eventhandling possibilities of a current dataview.
  4. Treeview based on associations between different objects
answered