Challenges with e-Mail Module from App Store

I have worked on the email sending module where I have configured all the settings as required but I get the following error on mail sending: I have setup smtp host using:smtp.gmail.com SMTP Port:465 Username:kts@gmail.com Password:password Use SSL: True Save sent email: true Then : Subject String Message String Use Signature False RecipientEmails: kts@gmail.com CC: empty BCC:empty FileDocumentList:empty Keepattachments:Flase CustomFromAddress string I have received this error below: Email could not be sent to: kts@gmail.com. Message: access denied (java.security.SecurityPermission insertProvider.SunJSSE) Stacktrace: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.security.SecurityPermission insertProvider.SunJSSE) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:232) Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.security.SecurityPermission insertProvider.SunJSSE) at hE.b(SourceFile:218) Caused by: access denied (java.security.SecurityPermission insertProvider.SunJSSE) at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:374) at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546) at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532) at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkSecurityAccess(SecurityManager.java:1698) at java.security.Security.check(Security.java:819) at java.security.Security.insertProviderAt(Security.java:324) at java.security.Security.addProvider(Security.java:372) at advemail.mail.Sender.getEmailSession(Sender.java:275) at advemail.mail.Sender.send(Sender.java:66) at advemail.mail.EmailModule.mail(EmailModule.java:123) at advemail.actions.SendEmailAttachments.executeAction(SendEmailAttachments.java:93) at advemail.actions.SendEmailAttachments.executeAction(SendEmailAttachments.java:26) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hE.b(SourceFile:207) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:226) at ln.a(SourceFile:69) at mx.a(SourceFile:72) at mw.a(SourceFile:151) at mw.executeAction(SourceFile:98) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hE.b(SourceFile:207) at com.mendix.core.Core.executeSync(SourceFile:203) at lo.a(SourceFile:60) at mx.a(SourceFile:72) at mw.a(SourceFile:151) at mw.executeAction(SourceFile:98) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:457) at hE.b(SourceFile:207) at com.mendix.core.Core.execute(SourceFile:226) at gp.execute(SourceFile:186) at jd.a(SourceFile:319) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker.a(SourceFile:170) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.a(SourceFile:161) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.apply(SourceFile:160) at akka.actor.Actor$class.apply(Actor.scala:545) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker.apply(SourceFile:156) at akka.actor.LocalActorRef.invoke(ActorRef.scala:910) at akka.dispatch.MessageInvocation.invoke(MessageHandling.scala:25) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:223) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:195) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) at akka.dispatch.MonitorableThread.run(ThreadPoolBuilder.scala:192)
asked
3 answers

Sometime you need to fill the string with two single quote instead of leaving the value empty. From the error I guess you left them empty (no string object) instead of an empty string object.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Hi Ronald, Thanks for your response. I will give it a test and let you know.

answered

Please make sure you have enabled TLS and not SSL. Gmail only supports an encrypted connection using TLS.

However your error shows the message: access denied (java.security.SecurityPermission insertProvider.SunJSSE)

Is this an error that you have on a server or on your own computer. If you experience this issue locally it could be the case that the property emulate cloud security is enabled. That property has some discrepancies with the actual cloud security and in some versions of the platform the emulation could be stricter than the actual cloud.

answered