Best practice: same data grid on multiple forms?

Entity model: a Process is associated to a Domain (with an attribute Valid yes/no). Persons are assigned to a Domain, the Person is linked to the current user. Form 1 shows all processes within Domains marked Valid yes. Form 2 shows all processes preselected with a Microflow selecting all Domains that have a Person linked to the current user. Datagrids on form 1 and 2 are exactly the same, but form 1 is based on a constrained entity, form 2 is based on a microflow. Is the best practice to have 2 forms with datagrids that are exactly the same?
asked
3 answers

Ultimately, it comes down to developer preference, and how you and your team determine what to be consistent doing. Someone else could respond and tell you the complete opposite and it wouldn't be wrong, really.

Personally, I like separating the grids into their own specific forms so that their purpose is explicit and easily definable.

Also, it becomes easier if you need to change an aspect of how the data is being generated for each one. Over-optimization is easy to do when you are starting out, so make sure you aren't purposely complicating things more than what's essential (accidental complexity).

Furthermore, you are going to run into a ton of these scenarios, so I think separating your grids/forms into distinct pieces will make it easier to organize your project (use folders!).

answered

And do not forget the Form loader (Mendix 4) / HTML JavaScript Snippet (Mendix 5) for reusing forms. This way you can make a form once and use it througout the application with only a single source.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

OK thanks. I'll use different forms and try the form loader.

answered