Mendix 5 Server failed to start

After upgrading to Mendix 5 and completing the upgrade wizard the Mendix server fails to start on my local PC. The deployment process is taking between 10 and 12 minutes. The server start up fails after about 2 minutes. The start up log file is empty. Does anyone have experience of this and potential remedies?
asked
3 answers

Some apps that have virtual attributes, will get a warning during the startup if they are converted from Mx 4.

Warning: EventAdmin: Exception during event dispatch [org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=com/mendix/events/runtime/beforeRunning] | [org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler] | Bundle(webui [84])] (bundle: webui, service: [org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler])

Our ES dept. offers the workaround below:

1. Remove/delete all the virtual attributes from your app
  2. Define all the virtual attributes with another name. (It has to be a different name, so Mendix will see it as a new attribute instead of the old one. The microflow that must be selected can still have the old name.)
  3. Restart your app
answered

I am experiencing the same problems, Has yours been solved?

answered

I have had similar problems. This seems to be due to the quick deploy.

try fixing it by turning the quick deploy feature off. Otherwise move something in a microflow and then commit this and try building again

answered