Database errors using SQL - cant run application

Just encountered the following situation: Pointed my 5.1.1 modeler to a SQL database that didn't exist yet ("TestPortal") Run the application, Mendix asks if it should create the database TestPortal Click yes, no problems, proceed as normal Shut down, run again Mendix tells me again: database TestPortal does not exist (but it does) Click ok, create it again then... Mendix tells me the database can't be created because it already exists (...) Request action: executeddlcommands Message: An unhandled exception occurred! Cause: com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusRuntimeException: com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusException: Error occurred. Database 'TestPortal' must be created, but it exists already. Anyone know what is happening? Is this a (5.1.1) bug?
asked
1 answers

I am still having this problem - would greatly appreciate if anyone knows what is going on. Is this my SQL installation acting up? I am using SQL 2008 R2.

Basically, anytime I ask the Modeler to create a new database, it produces an error during creation, but still continues. The error is:

Error on executing:

ALTER DATABASE [test] SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON

The following error occurred: Transaction (Process ID 63) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

What it tries to do is:

ALTER DATABASE [test] SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON;

GO

When I try to re-run the application it will no longer work because it never gets past the "Synchronizing Database" stage. I have to use a new database everytime - although sometimes restarting the SQL service and Mendix seems to work (not consistently)

Any pointers?

answered