Converting the project from 4.8.3 to 4.7.1

By some misunderstanding, our team started developing the project in 4.8.3 whereas the available runtime is 4.7.1 with the customer. Could anyone please let me know what is the best way to deal with this? Is there a automatic way to convert the project or re-create the project? How do I change the project nature in team server? Help is highly appreciated.
asked
2 answers

No it is not possible to convert back to an older version, we can't write code in the modeler to be able to convert a model that we don't even know is possible to create yet because it will be made in the future. I do wonder why your customer doesn't simply upgrade their environment to 4.8.3 though, that would be the most obvious solution. Otherwise you'll just have to re-apply all your changes you made to the old 4.7.1 model.

answered

The following solution is not recommended; but you can import an old file! The .mpr file is a SQL light database. You can open the .mpr file with https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser

There, you will find the version. Change your version number and save and you are able to open the file.

Be really careful; Mendix is not Backwards compatible and you might break your system. On minor version difference you most likely to make it work... but I is at your own risk.

answered