Nullpointer on PasswordStrengthVerifier

We are using a webservice to import user data. When a user at our side is not found we do a create user. Everytime we are running this webservice the second user throws an error (see the nullpointer exception below). From the error I guessed that the password we created by using the community commons RandomStrongPassword was the fault. But this is not the case. Even if I set the password for every user the same by using a string I get this error for the second newly created user. Now the funny part: even if I set the security settings of the model to anything as long as it is 8 character or longer I still get this error on the second user. Now I am lost. Could somebody from Mendix tell me why I get this nullpointer exception when creating users? Regards, Ronald 2014-09-24 10:10:39.663 ERROR - Connector: An error has occurred while handling the request. [User 'MxAdmin' with session id '95b86a03-14f9-4bfd-b29f-323d434352a6' and roles 'Administrator'] 2014-09-24 10:10:39.663 ERROR - Connector: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: ly: at GegevensImport.EmployeeData_Verwerken (CreateAndChange : 'Create Medewerker(Name, Password, Nummer, Medewerker_SD_GebruikvanNaam)') at GegevensImport._02_EmployeeDataList_Verwerken.nested.99f07510-8fdc-4f5e-807f-99a467374db4 [306 of 337] (SubMicroflow : 'Call 'EmployeeData_Verwerken'') at GegevensImport._02_EmployeeDataList_Verwerken (NestedLoopedMicroflow : '') at GegevensImport.SEF_ImportHU (SubMicroflow : 'Call '_02_EmployeeDataList_Verwerken'') Advanced stacktrace: at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source) at gE.a(SourceFile:95) at gE.execute(SourceFile:69) at jv$b.apply$mcV$sp(SourceFile:364) at jv$b.apply(SourceFile:356) at jv$b.apply(SourceFile:356) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.a(SourceFile:185) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.apply(SourceFile:179) at akka.actor.Actor$class.apply(Actor.scala:545) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker.apply(SourceFile:175) at akka.actor.LocalActorRef.invoke(ActorRef.scala:910) at akka.dispatch.MessageInvocation.invoke(MessageHandling.scala:25) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:223) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:195) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) at akka.dispatch.MonitorableThread.run(ThreadPoolBuilder.scala:192) Caused by: ly: at GegevensImport.EmployeeData_Verwerken (CreateAndChange : 'Create Medewerker(Name, Password, Nummer, Medewerker_SD_GebruikvanNaam)') at GegevensImport._02_EmployeeDataList_Verwerken.nested.99f07510-8fdc-4f5e-807f-99a467374db4 [306 of 337] (SubMicroflow : 'Call 'EmployeeData_Verwerken'') at GegevensImport._02_EmployeeDataList_Verwerken (NestedLoopedMicroflow : '') at GegevensImport.SEF_ImportHU (SubMicroflow : 'Call '_02_EmployeeDataList_Verwerken'') Advanced stacktrace: at mP.a(SourceFile:190) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at edu.vt.middleware.password.Password.<init>(Password.java:66) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.member.PasswordStrengthVerifier.a(SourceFile:109) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.member.PasswordStrengthVerifier.verify(SourceFile:59) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.member.MendixHashString.setValue(SourceFile:44) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.member.MendixHashString.setValue(SourceFile:10) at ma$e.a(SourceFile:62) at ma$e.apply(SourceFile:62) at scala.collection.mutable.ResizableArray$class.foreach(ResizableArray.scala:60) at scala.collection.mutable.ArrayBuffer.foreach(ArrayBuffer.scala:47) at mb.a(SourceFile:62) at me.a(SourceFile:20) at me.a(SourceFile:35) at mP.a(SourceFile:77) at mO.a(SourceFile:163) at mO.executeAction(SourceFile:100) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.a(SourceFile:478) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:463) at hJ.b(SourceFile:198) at com.mendix.core.Core.executeSync(SourceFile:203) at lG.a(SourceFile:60) at mP.a(SourceFile:77) at mO.a(SourceFile:163) at mO.executeAction(SourceFile:100) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.a(SourceFile:478) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:463) at hJ.b(SourceFile:198) at com.mendix.core.Core.executeSync(SourceFile:203) at mk.a(SourceFile:60) at mP.a(SourceFile:77) at mO.a(SourceFile:163) at mO.executeAction(SourceFile:100) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.a(SourceFile:478) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:463) at hJ.b(SourceFile:198) at com.mendix.core.Core.executeSync(SourceFile:203) at lG.a(SourceFile:60) at mP.a(SourceFile:77) at mO.a(SourceFile:163) at mO.executeAction(SourceFile:100) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:57) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.a(SourceFile:478) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:463) at hS$a.apply(SourceFile:22) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.a(SourceFile:185) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker$a.apply(SourceFile:179) at akka.actor.Actor$class.apply(Actor.scala:545) at com.mendix.externalinterface.connector.RequestDispatching$Worker.apply(SourceFile:175) at akka.actor.LocalActorRef.invoke(ActorRef.scala:910) at akka.dispatch.MessageInvocation.invoke(MessageHandling.scala:25) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:223) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.processMailbox(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at akka.dispatch.ExecutableMailbox$class.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:195) at akka.dispatch.ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher$$anon$4.run(ExecutorBasedEventDrivenDispatcher.scala:123) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) at akka.dispatch.MonitorableThread.run(ThreadPoolBuilder.scala:192)
asked
1 answers

A little over a year ago, I filed a ticket (#18674) for a stacktrace from an error that occurred when creating a user that contained a reference to password. The reference to password was incorrect - or perhaps it was correct, but it did not identify the problem: the problem was that I was creating a user with a Name attribute that already existed. Could you verify that this is not case?

answered