Display list of questions and answers in document template

Hi, We are receiving list of questions and answers through a web service and this is in HTML format in a string attribute. As soon as I receive this, I want to add those questions and answers in a document template and create a pdf. I know how to generate a pdf document but the issue is how can I display those questions and answers in template as this will be in HTML format and cannot use the HTML snippet in document template. I want those Q&A to be formatted and listed nicely. Please can anyone help me out with this ASAP. Thanks for response both the below answers works but I am facing couple of issues below I get errors when I use Sanitize in my project (community commons module is up-to-date) for the html code below, when I call Sanitize action I get two errors as shown below in the end but in test project this works perfect. Sanitize will also remove all the styles that I get in the HTML (see example HTML below) but I want this HTML to be converted into the table as shown below. I tested this HTML below in test project and found that sanitize removes all the styles and make it plain text. <table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td><p style="text-align: left;"><strong>Application Question</strong></p></td><td style="width: 110px;"><p style="text-align: left;"><strong>Your Answer</strong></p></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><strong>About your lifestyle and health&hellip;</strong></td></tr><tr><td>Question1?</td><td>No</td></tr><tr><td>Question2?</td><td>No</td></tr><tr><td>Question3?</td><td>No</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><strong>More about your health&hellip;</strong></td></tr><tr><td>Question1?</td><td>No</td></tr><tr><td>Question2?</td><td>No</td></tr><tr><td>Question3?</td><td>No</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"><strong>In the last <strong>3 years</strong>, have you&hellip;</strong></td></tr><tr><td>Question1?</td><td>No</td></tr><tr><td>Question2?</td><td>No</td></tr><tr><td>Question3?</td><td>No</td></tr></tbody></table> Please can anyone help me out how can I solve the above two issues. My aim is to display the provided HTML that I receive through web service into a pdf document as the table that is shown displayed above. Thanks in advance..!! > Error 1: An error has occurred while handling the request. [User 'MxAdmin' with session id '9805e306-e2e5-472b-9947-7c6065c0fa08' and roles 'Administrator'] com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Internal server error at TestCover.IVK_TestWebService (CallWebservice : 'Call web service') Advanced stacktrace: at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowUtil.processException(SourceFile:158) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Internal server error at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(SourceFile:40) Caused by: javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Internal server error at com.sun.xml.ws.fault.SOAP11Fault.getProtocolException(SOAP11Fault.java:193) at com.sun.xml.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder.createException(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:126) at com.sun.xml.ws.client.dispatch.DispatchImpl.doInvoke(DispatchImpl.java:199) at com.sun.xml.ws.client.dispatch.DispatchImpl.invoke(DispatchImpl.java:218) at com.mendix.ge$3.a(SourceFile:364) at com.mendix.ge$3.run(SourceFile:311) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at com.mendix.ge$2.a(SourceFile:298) at com.mendix.ge$2.execute(SourceFile:294) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(SourceFile:36) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner$1.run(SourceFile:23) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.runUsingClassLoaderOf(SourceFile:18) at com.mendix.ge.a(SourceFile:293) at com.mendix.ge.a(SourceFile:144) at com.mendix.fZ.a(SourceFile:200) at com.mendix.integration.internal.IntegrationImpl.callWebservice(SourceFile:145) at com.mendix.fR.execute(SourceFile:76) at com.mendix.ib.a(SourceFile:47) at com.mendix.ia.a(SourceFile:193) at com.mendix.ia.executeAction(SourceFile:148) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:53) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(SourceFile:291) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:276) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(SourceFile:205) at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(SourceFile:259) at com.mendix.iO.a(SourceFile:135) at com.mendix.pa$g.apply$mcV$sp(SourceFile:292) at com.mendix.pa$g.apply(SourceFile:283) at com.mendix.pa$g.apply(SourceFile:283) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(SourceFile:148) at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:161) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(SourceFile:146) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:498) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:456) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:237) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:219) at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107) > Error 2: Exception occurred while processing webservice request com.mendix.integration.WebserviceException: Internal server error at com.mendix.gy.a(SourceFile:112) at com.mendix.gx$a.apply$mcV$sp(SourceFile:19) at com.mendix.gx$a.apply(SourceFile:16) at com.mendix.gx$a.apply(SourceFile:16) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(SourceFile:148) at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:161) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(SourceFile:146) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:498) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:456) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:237) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:219) at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107) Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/Element at communitycommons.StringUtils.XSSSanitize(StringUtils.java:260) at communitycommons.StringUtils.XSSSanitize(StringUtils.java:245) at communitycommons.actions.XSSSanitize.executeAction(XSSSanitize.java:54) at communitycommons.actions.XSSSanitize.executeAction(XSSSanitize.java:38) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:53) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(SourceFile:291) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:276) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(SourceFile:205) at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(SourceFile:259) at com.mendix.hs.execute(SourceFile:42) at com.mendix.ib.a(SourceFile:47) at com.mendix.ia.a(SourceFile:193) at com.mendix.ia.executeAction(SourceFile:148) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:53) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(SourceFile:291) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:276) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(SourceFile:205) at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(SourceFile:375) at com.mendix.gy.a(SourceFile:92) at com.mendix.gx$a.apply$mcV$sp(SourceFile:19) at com.mendix.gx$a.apply(SourceFile:16) at com.mendix.gx$a.apply(SourceFile:16) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(SourceFile:148) at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:161) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(SourceFile:146) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:498) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:456) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:237) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:219) at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107) Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.w3c.dom.Element not found by project [87] at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1532) at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:75) at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:1955) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358) at communitycommons.StringUtils.XSSSanitize(StringUtils.java:260) at communitycommons.StringUtils.XSSSanitize(StringUtils.java:245) at communitycommons.actions.XSSSanitize.executeAction(XSSSanitize.java:54) at communitycommons.actions.XSSSanitize.executeAction(XSSSanitize.java:38) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:53) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(SourceFile:291) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:276) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(SourceFile:205) at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(SourceFile:259) at com.mendix.hs.execute(SourceFile:42) at com.mendix.ib.a(SourceFile:47) at com.mendix.ia.a(SourceFile:193) at com.mendix.ia.executeAction(SourceFile:148) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:53) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(SourceFile:291) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:276) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(SourceFile:205) at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(SourceFile:375) at com.mendix.gy.a(SourceFile:92) at com.mendix.gx$a.apply$mcV$sp(SourceFile:19) at com.mendix.gx$a.apply(SourceFile:16) at com.mendix.gx$a.apply(SourceFile:16) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(SourceFile:148) at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:161) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(SourceFile:146) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:498) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:456) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:237) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:219) at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
asked
6 answers

After adding each of the libraries to the test project and testing I found out that the library that was causing the issue was the following:

xmlbeans-2.3.0.jar

Once I removed this library from the userlib the sanitize action worked fine.

I believe that this is a legacy library from the excel importer, which is no longer used.

Thanks for the support.

Simon

answered

You could try the attribute option Render XHTML?

answered

I took a look at the issue and it seems to be throwing the following error:

Uncaught fatal error from thread [MxRuntimeSystem-akka.actor.action-dispatcher-23] shutting down ActorSystem [MxRuntimeSystem]

--------

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/Document
    at org.owasp.validator.html.Policy.getTopLevelElement(Policy.java:281)
    at org.owasp.validator.html.Policy.getTopLevelElement(Policy.java:264)
    at org.owasp.validator.html.Policy.getInstance(Policy.java:198)
    at org.owasp.validator.html.Policy.getInstance(Policy.java:180)
    at org.owasp.validator.html.Policy.getInstance(Policy.java:154)
    at communitycommons.StringUtils.XSSSanitize(StringUtils.java:260)
    at communitycommons.StringUtils.XSSSanitize(StringUtils.java:245)
    at communitycommons.actions.XSSSanitize.executeAction(XSSSanitize.java:54)
    at communitycommons.actions.XSSSanitize.executeAction(XSSSanitize.java:1)
    at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:53)
    at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(SourceFile:291)
    at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:276)
    at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(SourceFile:205)
    at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(SourceFile:259)
    at com.mendix.hs.execute(SourceFile:42)
    at com.mendix.ib.a(SourceFile:47)
    at com.mendix.ia.a(SourceFile:193)
    at com.mendix.ia.executeAction(SourceFile:148)
    at com.mendix.iO.a(SourceFile:135)
    at com.mendix.pa$g.apply$mcV$sp(SourceFile:292)
    at com.mendix.pa$g.apply(SourceFile:283)
    at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(SourceFile:148)
    at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:161)
    at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(SourceFile:146)
    at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:498)
    at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:456)
    at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:237)
    at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:219)
    at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.w3c.dom.Document not found by project [87]
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1532)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$400(BundleWiringImpl.java:75)
    at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:1955)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.owasp.validator.html.Policy.getTopLevelElement(Policy.java:281)
    at org.owasp.validator.html.Policy.getTopLevelElement(Policy.java:264)
    at org.owasp.validator.html.Policy.getInstance(Policy.java:198)
    at org.owasp.validator.html.Policy.getInstance(Policy.java:180)
    at org.owasp.validator.html.Policy.getInstance(Policy.java:154)
    at communitycommons.StringUtils.XSSSanitize(StringUtils.java:260)
    at communitycommons.StringUtils.XSSSanitize(StringUtils.java:245)
    at communitycommons.actions.XSSSanitize.executeAction(XSSSanitize.java:54)
    at communitycommons.actions.XSSSanitize.executeAction(XSSSanitize.java:1)
    at com.mendix.hs.execute(SourceFile:42)
    at com.mendix.ib.a(SourceFile:47)
    at com.mendix.ia.a(SourceFile:193)
    at com.mendix.ia.executeAction(SourceFile:148)
    at com.mendix.iO.a(SourceFile:135)
    at com.mendix.pa$g.apply$mcV$sp(SourceFile:292)
    at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(SourceFile:148)
    at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:161)
    at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(SourceFile:146)
    at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:498)
    at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:456)
    at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:237)
    at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:219)
    at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
    at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)

This seems to happen when this line of code is hit in the StringUtils.java:

Policy p = Policy.getInstance(filename);

I looked at all the userlibs and they all seem to be fine and up to date. I removed a couple of outdated ones. I have redownloaded the community commons. The following are in the userlib folder:

"commons-fileupload-1.2.1.jar"
"commons-httpclient-3.1.jar"
"commons-io-2.3.jar"
"commons-io-2.3.jar.ExcelImporter.RequiredLib"
"commons-lang-2.5.jar"
"commons-lang3-3.1.jar"
"commons-logging-1.1.jar"
"commons-net-3.1.jar"
"commons-pool-1.6.jar"
"communitycommons.txt"
"dom4j-1.6.1.jar"
"dom4j-1.6.1.jar.ExcelImporter.RequiredLib"
"fontbox-1.8.5.jar"
"geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec-1.0.jar"
"guava-12.0.jar"
"httpclient-4.1.1.jar"
"httpcore-4.1.jar"
"itext-2.0.6.jar"
"jempbox-1.8.5.jar"
"joda-time-1.6.2.jar"
"jsch-0.1.48.jar"
"mail.jar"
"mxwinsso.jar"
"nekohtml.jar"
"nekohtml.txt"
"org.apache.commons.fileupload-1.2.1.jar"
"org.apache.commons.io-2.3.0.jar"
"org.apache.servicemix.bundles.commons-codec-1.3.0.jar"
"pdfbox-1.8.5.jar"
"poi-3.8-20120326.jar"
"poi-3.8-20120326.jar.ExcelImporter.RequiredLib"
"poi-ooxml-3.6-20091214.jar"
"poi-ooxml-3.6-20091214.jar.ExcelImporter.RequiredLib"
"poi-ooxml-3.8-20120326.jar"
"poi-ooxml-schemas-3.6-20091214.jar"
"poi-ooxml-schemas-3.6-20091214.jar.ExcelImporter.RequiredLib"
"poi-ooxml-schemas-3.8-20120326.jar"
"recaptcha4j-0.0.7.jar"
"replication.jar"
"replication.jar.ExcelImporter.RequiredLib"
"serializer.jar"
"servlet-api-3.0.jar"
"smack.jar"
"spring.jar"
"spring_license.txt"
"spring-ldap-1.2.1.jar"
"spring-ldap-1.2.1_license.txt"
"stax-api-1.0.1.jar"
"webservices-rt.jar"
"wsdl4j-1.5.2.jar"
"xalan-2.7.1.jar"
"xalan-2.7.1.jar.ExcelImporter.RequiredLib"
"xbean.jar"
"xbean.jar.ExcelImporter.RequiredLib"
"xercesImpl.jar"
"xml-apis-ext.jar"
"xmlbeans-2.3.0.jar"
"XmlSchema-1.0.2.jar"
"activation-1.1-osgi.jar"
"antisamy-1.5.3.jar"
"avalon-framework-4.2.0.jar"
"axiom-api-1.2.12.jar"
"axiom-dom-1.2.12.jar"
"axiom-impl-1.2.12.jar"
"axis2-adb-1.0.jar"
"axis2-kernel-1.0.jar"
"batik-all-1.7.jar"
"com.google.guava-14.0.1.jar"
"com.springsource.org.apache.batik.css-1.7.0.jar"
"com.springsource.org.apache.commons.lang-2.5.0.jar"
"commons-codec-1.3.jar"
"commons-collections-3.2.1.jar"
"commons-dbcp-1.4.jar"
"commons-email-1.3.1.jar"
answered

Have a look at the "From rich text to PDF sample" in the App Store.

answered

CommunityCommons provides several sanitize policies. I suppose you need to try some of the other policies. As your HTML is not entered by a user, you could use one that is not so strict. If you really trust the service provider, you could use the anythinggoes policy, which will just convert the HTML to XHTML.

answered

Class org/w3c/dom/Document is in xml-apis.jar. AntiSamy will load classes as it needs it. This depends on the HTML content. If I'm not mistaken xml-apis.jar used to be in the CommunityCommons userlib.

You could try downloading an Apache Batik distribution from http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/download.html

The jar is in the lib of that distribution. Copy it into your userlib and see if it helps. Still weird that it works in one situation and not in the other test. Are you sure the HTML is the same in each situation?

answered