Combine many pdfs into one

Hi All, For example if we have 4-5 pdf's of customer and we want them to send it to printing company so that they can print and send it to customer on our behalf, but instead of sending 4-5 different pdf's we want to combine all in one pdf and then send it so that pdf's are not misplaced. Is this possible? Is there any widget or Java action in mendix that can convert all pdf's into one? Note: Couple of pdf's are document templates that we generate while processing as these contain customers information and rest of them are retrieved as they are common and same pdf can be used for all customers. This pdf can be uploaded by admin. Please can anyone help me in this. Thanks in advance..!!
asked
5 answers

Not a real answer to your question. As a workaround you could consider combining all pdf documents in a zip file. You can do this using an appstore widget (search for zip), so no need to create a java program yourself.

answered

Have a look at apache pdfbox for merging pdf files.

answered

I added a function to CommunityCommons to overlay PDFs. It uses pdfbox. If you download the most recent CommunityCommons version for Mx5 you already get the Java jars necessary for this. Then you can create your own Java action to do this. If you make it generic enough, it would make a nice addition to the overlay function.

answered

With the above solution, Merge PDF Tool you can merge PDF documents but there are some limitations of using online utility one among them is file number limitation i.e. at a time a user can merge few PDF documents. The above-described utility can merge only 5 PDF documents at a time. Therefore, to overcome such limitation there is a need for some alternate solution. In such cases, it is suggested to use professional utility with Combine Multiple PDF File With this software, a user can merge multiple PDF documents without any file size and number limitation.

Visit the link to get more Info: https://www.osttopstapp.com/merge-pdf.html

answered

I am using this Merge tool to combine many PDF files into one...

answered