Change browser tab text

Good morning, I am trying to change the browser tab text in chrome and IE using the index.html file contained within the 'theme Mendix folder structure.' I have edited the index.html file as per below: <html> <head> <meta charset="utf-8"> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1"> <link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="ui/theme-hds/images/logo.png"> <title>Portal</title> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=no, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1"> <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"> <link rel="stylesheet" href="lib/bootstrap/css/bootstrap.min.css"> <link rel="stylesheet" href="mxclientsystem/mxui/ui/mxui.css"> <link rel="stylesheet" href="/ui/theme-hds/theme.css"> </head> <body dir="ltr"> <div id="content"> <script> dojoConfig = { isDebug: false, rtlRedirect: "index-rtl.html", baseUrl: "mxclientsystem/dojo/" }; </script> <script src="mxclientsystem/mxui/mxui.js"></script> </body> </html> When the page first loads I can see the tab text change to Portal. However it changes back to Mendix 5 - within a few seconds. I think its referring to the index files contained within \deployment\web folder structure that are populated when a projected is deployed, these have 'Mendix 5 -' as the page title. The index files being referenced are either the login.html or the index-rtl.html. These however cant be changed as they are generated for each deployment. Has anyone come across this issue or have any idea how to fix it? Regards, Matt Smith
asked
2 answers

Matt,

Alternatively, in Mx5, you can accomplish this without modifying your html files. Navigate to the Project module in Project Explorer, open Navigation and change your Application title. Next time you restart your app, the tab title in the browser will be the application title you just entered, followed by a dash and then the page title of the page you happen to be on.

Hope that helps,

Mike

answered

You can create a copy of the html files in your theme directory and changed the title tags there. Then on the next deployment the pages will be placed in the deployment dir from your theme dir and will have the titles you setup.

answered