Boolean member can not be set to null

Hi, I have a micro flow that uses a create activity with values passed through. I'm calling this micro flow as a data source micro flow. For some reason after loading a page, this micro flow executes successfully(giving the expected results) but there's a pop up error message that shows every time I load this page saying "An error has occurred while handling the request". Stack trace: An error has occurred while handling the request. [User '...' with session id '77e9bd42-a2e4-4a55-8292-9377e64c47db' and roles '...'] com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: Boolean member can not be set to null at micro flow name (CreateAndChange : 'Create {entity and attributes}') Advanced stacktrace: at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowUtil.processException(SourceFile:158) Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Boolean member can not be set to null at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.member.MendixBoolean.setValue(SourceFile:67) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.member.MendixBoolean.setValue(SourceFile:14) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.MendixObjectMemberImpl.parseValueFromString(SourceFile:255) at com.mendix.core.action.user.Changer$class.setMemberValue(SourceFile:59) at com.mendix.core.action.user.Changer$class.changeMember(SourceFile:32) at com.mendix.hI.changeMember(SourceFile:23) at com.mendix.hF.a(SourceFile:82) at com.mendix.hE$b.a(SourceFile:41) at com.mendix.hE$b.apply(SourceFile:40) at scala.collection.Iterator$class.foreach(Iterator.scala:727) at scala.collection.AbstractIterator.foreach(Iterator.scala:1157) at scala.collection.IterableLike$class.foreach(IterableLike.scala:72) at scala.collection.AbstractIterable.foreach(Iterable.scala:54) at com.mendix.hF.a(SourceFile:40) at com.mendix.hI.a(SourceFile:23) at com.mendix.hI.a(SourceFile:43) at com.mendix.hI.execute(SourceFile:23) at com.mendix.ib.a(SourceFile:47) at com.mendix.ia.a(SourceFile:193) at com.mendix.ia.executeAction(SourceFile:148) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:53) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(SourceFile:291) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:276) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(SourceFile:205) at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(SourceFile:259) at com.mendix.iO.a(SourceFile:135) at com.mendix.pb$g.apply$mcV$sp(SourceFile:292) at com.mendix.pb$g.apply(SourceFile:283) at com.mendix.pb$g.apply(SourceFile:283) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(SourceFile:148) at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:161) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(SourceFile:146) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:498) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:456) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:237) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:219) at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107) Am I doing anything wrong?
asked
3 answers

It seems that somewhere in the microflow you assign an empty value to a boolean. Note that you can right-click on the attribute in the domain model to find usages.

answered

Every attribute has a value I can see because I'm logging them after the create activity.

answered

Different situation, so a new answer:

Recently, I had the same error too. Not on a boolean attribute but on an association. A microflow returns an object, which may be empty. The calling microflow uses the return value on a change object to set a reference. If the sub microflow returns an empty value, the null error message appears. I tried to reproduce this in a small test project, but it did not happen there. In my real project I worked around it.

answered