SFTP Connection Widget for 5.9.1

Would it be possible for me to update the SFTP Connection Widget so that it is available for 5.9.1 or is this something that only the widget creator can do? And if I could do this myself how would i go about doing this?
asked
4 answers

I have upgraded the widget to 5.1.1, cleaned up the code and extended the functionality. However, I have not fully tested this yet, and this is the reason that a version for Mendix 5 is not yet in the App Store. If you leave your email, I could send the upgraded module to you, with the explicit note that it has not been fully tested. If you find bugs however, I would be willing to fix them.

answered

Create a new 4.8.8 project and import the module. Then reopen this in 5.9.1 and it will convert it. You probably have to check the java code for deprecated code. After this you can export this module and copy it to the model where this one is needed. You could even check if there are updates of the used java libs so you can update those as well.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

I converted it from 4.8.1 to 5.9.1 and getting the following error messages

Buildfile: D:\Mendix Projects\REV'IT Supply Chain Nexus-main\deployment\build_core.xml

compile:

[javac] Compiling 16 source files to D:\Mendix Projects\REV'IT Supply Chain Nexus-main\deployment\run\bin
[javac] D:\Mendix Projects\REV'IT Supply Chain Nexus-main\javasource\sftpconnection\helpers\HandleFileSftp.java:34: error: package com.mendix.m2ee.log does not exist
[javac] import com.mendix.m2ee.log.ILogNode;
[javac]                           ^
[javac] D:\Mendix Projects\REV'IT Supply Chain Nexus-main\javasource\sftpconnection\helpers\HandleFileSftp.java:35: error: package com.mendix.m2ee.log does not exist
[javac] import com.mendix.m2ee.log.LogLevel;
[javac]                           ^
[javac] Note: D:\Mendix Projects\REV'IT Supply Chain Nexus-main\javasource\com\mendix\core\Core.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[javac] Note: D:\Mendix Projects\REV'IT Supply Chain Nexus-main\javasource\com\mendix\core\Core.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[javac] 2 errors

BUILD FAILED D:\Mendix Projects\REV'IT Supply Chain Nexus-main\deployment\build_core.xml:27: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 2 seconds

answered

Are there any plans to publish the module, upgraded for version 5, on the app store soon?

answered