system.owner drop down search field error

I have an entity that inherits from the AuditTrail.AuditTrailSuperclass. In the AuditTrailSuperclass entity, I have checked the boxes to Store all 4 System members (createdDate, changedDate, owner and changedBy). I use the system.owner association in a lot of different places in my application (datagrid columns, pdf templates, etc.). However, when I place the system.owner association in a datagrid drop down search field, and select a userid to search for, I get the following error: An error has occurred while handling the request. [User 'mkumpf' with session id 'ee230fed-dbf1-470c-971f-8a019e182700' and roles 'PAAHAdministrator'] com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: Exception occurred in action '{"amount":20,"pageName":"BillingSheet.BillingSheetListPAAUser", "sort":[{"direction":{},"memberName":"DateOfSurgery"}],"returnsCount":true,"offset":0, "type":"RetrieveXPathSchemaRawAction", "xpath":"//BillingSheet.BillingSheet[(BillingSheet.BillingSheet_Hospital/Hospital.Hospital/Name='Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital') and (System.owner/Manufacturer.ManufacturerAccount/FullName='Jason Self')]"}', all database changes executed by this action were rolled back at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.processErrorState(SourceFile:343) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.connectionbus.ConnectionBusException: An exception has occurred for the following request(s): dj (depth = -1, amount = 20): //BillingSheet.BillingSheet[(BillingSheet.BillingSheet_Hospital/Hospital.Hospital/Name='Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital') and (System.owner/Manufacturer.ManufacturerAccount/FullName='Jason Self')] at com.mendix.l.a(SourceFile:51) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.connectionbus.ConnectionBusException: Exception occurred while retrieving data. (SQL State: 42703, Error Code: 0) at com.mendix.q.a(SourceFile:1467) Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column x1BillingSheet.BillingSheet.system$owner does not exist Position: 1625 at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2157) at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1886) at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:255) at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:555) at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:417) at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:302) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96) at com.mendix.q.a(SourceFile:343) at com.mendix.q.a(SourceFile:226) at com.mendix.q.a(SourceFile:170) at com.mendix.q.a(SourceFile:157) at com.mendix.ch.a(SourceFile:183) at com.mendix.ch.a(SourceFile:138) at com.mendix.ch.a(SourceFile:62) at com.mendix.ck.a(SourceFile:71) at com.mendix.l.a(SourceFile:45) at com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusImpl.doRequest(SourceFile:346) at com.mendix.core.action.user.RetrieveXPathSchemaRawAction.retrieveXPathSchemaRaw(SourceFile:113) at com.mendix.core.action.user.RetrieveXPathSchemaRawAction.executeAction(SourceFile:84) at com.mendix.core.action.user.RetrieveXPathSchemaRawAction.executeAction(SourceFile:23) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(SourceFile:53) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(SourceFile:291) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(SourceFile:276) at com.mendix.jr.a(SourceFile:91) at com.mendix.jm.a(SourceFile:36) at com.mendix.pj$g.apply$mcV$sp(SourceFile:294) at com.mendix.pj$g.apply(SourceFile:285) at com.mendix.pj$g.apply(SourceFile:285) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2$$anon$1.execute(SourceFile:158) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(SourceFile:36) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(SourceFile:160) at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:191) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(SourceFile:154) at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:465) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker.aroundReceive(SourceFile:147) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:238) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:220) at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:393) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107) Not sure what might be going on here, but any ideas/thoughts/etc. would be greatly appreciated..... FYI, searching on this association worked fine in the past. =================================================== Update 2014-11-19 In this app, I use the AuditTrail module. Previously, I had used the inheritance method of accumulating AuditTrail (inherit each entity I want logged from the LoggingModule from the AuditLogSuperClass entity). Based on input from This Thread, I went back and redid all of those entities to use the alternate approach of Associations and Events. Doing so corrected the issue I had with retrieving system.owner. So I guess it is some conflict between the AuditLog module and my current Mendix version.
asked
1 answers

I have seen similar issues while showing system.owner in a datagrid, in combination with anonymous users. As the stacktrace says "user does not exist", this could also be the case here in case if anonymous users are allowed in your application. I've filed a ticket for it, but it isn't high on the priority list ATM.

answered