Migration from mssql to postgresql

We need to migrate a mssql database to a postgresql database, after some research online i've found out that this is not a standard process. There is a manual on how to do this on the postgresql site or even a (paid) dbconverter that does this for you. So, does anybody have any experience with migrating mssql to postgresql? Are there known bugs/difficulties with migrating this data that are mendix specific? Is it better to use 3rd party software for this or would it be better to write a custom script for this (e.g. due to the way mendix builds the database) Any help/tips would be much appreciated.
asked
1 answers

Mendix databases are pretty specific with some meta information stored in the database, so I don't think you'll be able to do this in a reasonable amount of time by just converting the database. I would look at options like the database importer module in the App Store or some other way of importing the data into your Mendix application.

Just to get a grasp of the difficulties you'd have to go through if you take the route of converting the database, check https://forum.mendix.com/questions/4441/Insert%20records%20in%20database%20using%20SQL

answered