How to provide a page break inside template grid data?

Dear All, I am trying to generate a pdf/word report which will print data of multiple applications one by one. To print multiple applications I am using template grid widget inside my document template. I want to print each application in a new page of the document. When I use the page break widget inside template it's saying you can't use a page-break widget inside it. I tried using 'page-break-after: always;' css property also inside main table of template grid, still it didn't workout. Can you please help me with this how can I achieve this?
asked
3 answers

Hey guys,

This for sure is possible.

You can force a page break on your table by using CSS. You can do this by putting a single cell table in your template grid and adding the style "page-break-after: always;" to that cell. Continue building your document template inside that cell. It will always break the page after that cell has been made.

Hope that helps.

answered

Template grids are rendered as a table, but document formats don't tend to support real page breaks within a table. So basically this is not really possible. What you could do is render multiple documents and merge them using a library like PDF merge, I think there are some examples on this forum for that.

answered

Many thanks Dirk and Sander for pointing me in the right direction. 

I kept getting an error: "Invalid property encountered on "fo:table-cell": age-break-after (See position 2:2488)". 

The trick is to add the "page-break-after: always;" styling to the table within the Template Grid (Mendix 8.18.1).

Right click on the cell > Select Table and add the styling there. 

answered