Excel Importer Exception

Hello guys, I am stuck in some serious problem which is not rectified.The problem is:- While importing the data and even on creating the new template through excel file I am facing the exception "Document could not be read, because: Can't read content types part !".The whole stack trace is below this message.Some clarifications from the comment of others :- Excel file is correct only bcoz earlier I am using the same excel file for importing and it is successfully importing. 2.I think it start throwing exception only after I add the snapshot of the data. Does adding the snapshot of the data have any impact on excel importer coz it is the only activity I thought causing trouble? Here is the complete stack trace:- An error has occurred while handling the request. [User 'Atul' with session id '72b4d87f-569a-4e5a-90e1-17a4f39cbc31' and roles 'Administrator'] -------- com.mendix.core.CoreException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Document could not be read, because: Can't read content types part ! at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(InternalCore.java:274) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Document could not be read, because: Can't read content types part ! at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.java:217) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Document could not be read, because: Can't read content types part ! at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:43) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreException: Document could not be read, because: Can't read content types part ! at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelReader.getHeaders(ExcelReader.java:190) Caused by: org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidFormatException: Can't read content types part ! at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.internal.ContentTypeManager.<init>(ContentTypeManager.java:107) at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.internal.ZipContentTypeManager.<init>(ZipContentTypeManager.java:56) at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.ZipPackage.getPartsImpl(ZipPackage.java:188) at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.getParts(OPCPackage.java:665) at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.open(OPCPackage.java:226) at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelXLSXHeaderReader.<init>(ExcelXLSXHeaderReader.java:33) at excelimporter.reader.readers.ExcelReader.getHeaders(ExcelReader.java:177) at excelimporter.reader.ExcelImporter.getColumns(ExcelImporter.java:54) at excelimporter.actions.GetHeaderInformationFromExcelFile.executeAction(GetHeaderInformationFromExcelFile.java:43) at excelimporter.actions.GetHeaderInformationFromExcelFile.executeAction(GetHeaderInformationFromExcelFile.java:21) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:53) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(CoreAction.java:291) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:276) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager$1.execute(ActionManager.java:204) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:37) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.java:199) at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(InternalCore.java:262) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.JavaAction.execute(JavaAction.scala:42) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.java:47) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.java:193) at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.java:148) at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:53) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.doCall(CoreAction.java:291) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:276) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager$1.execute(ActionManager.java:204) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:37) at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.ActionManager.executeSync(ActionManager.java:199) at com.mendix.core.component.InternalCore.execute(InternalCore.java:262) at com.mendix.webui.actions.client.ExecuteAction.execute(ExecuteAction.java:135) at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply$mcV$sp(ClientRequestHandler.scala:300) at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply(ClientRequestHandler.scala:293) at com.mendix.webui.requesthandling.ClientRequestHandler$$anonfun$handleRequest$1.apply(ClientRequestHandler.scala:293) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2$$anon$1.execute(ActionDispatching.scala:158) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:37) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(ActionDispatching.scala:160) at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:191) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(ActionDispatching.scala:154) at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:465) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker.aroundReceive(ActionDispatching.scala:147) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:238) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:220) at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:393) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
asked
4 answers

Have you tried to refresh the Mendix objects?

answered

To debug this, try first to create a complete new Excel template from a different Excel document.

If this works modify the current problematic Excel by importing a column at the time (so delete all but the first column and do an import, if this works add the next column etc.). Then at least you know the column that is giving problems and you can may be pinpoint it. I guess you have a strange column name that is causing the problem.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Ronald I do exactly what you said but still I am facing the same exception, Whatever the templates are there were working earlier but it stop working now!!!!! No Idea, Earlier I was working with the 5.8.1 now I am in 5.10

answered

Guys issue is resolved after saving the excel file to Microsoft Excel 97-2003 Worksheet (.xls) earlier it was Microsoft Excel Worksheet (.xlsx), what is the reason for that ??

answered