App service error: The parameter $xmlParam.getLocalName is empty but not optional

Dear Community, I've been working with App services for a few months and have been working perfectly. However, I can't seem to fix this error when calling a published App service. The error: com.mendix.integration.WebserviceException: The parameter '$xmlParam.getLocalName' is empty but not optional at com.mendix.integration.webservices.publish.handling.WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.getSimpleValue(WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.scala:274) at com.mendix.integration.webservices.publish.handling.WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.processAttribute(WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.scala:206) at com.mendix.integration.webservices.publish.handling.WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.getMendixObjectValue(WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.scala:186) at com.mendix.integration.webservices.publish.handling.WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.addMicroflowParameter(WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.scala:146) at com.mendix.integration.webservices.publish.handling.WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.processInputParameters(WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.scala:115) at com.mendix.integration.webservices.publish.handling.WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.executeMicroflow(WebServiceCallBodyProcessor.scala:69) at com.mendix.integration.webservices.publish.handling.WebServiceActionMonitor$$anonfun$run$1.apply$mcV$sp(WebServiceActionMonitor.scala:19) at com.mendix.integration.webservices.publish.handling.WebServiceActionMonitor$$anonfun$run$1.apply(WebServiceActionMonitor.scala:16) at com.mendix.integration.webservices.publish.handling.WebServiceActionMonitor$$anonfun$run$1.apply(WebServiceActionMonitor.scala:16) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2$$anon$1.execute(ActionDispatching.scala:159) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:37) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(ActionDispatching.scala:161) at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:191) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(ActionDispatching.scala:155) at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:465) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker.aroundReceive(ActionDispatching.scala:148) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:238) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:220) at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:393) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107) The behavior: The app services is set to a MF that expects 1 object. All attributes, except booleans, are set to optional. App services is published and consumed within 5.11 environments App service contains enumerations (first time for me using this feature) When calling the App service, the published side receives the call, accepts the username/password and then returns the error. The breakpoint I placed on the first activity on the published side did not trigger, meaning the input parameter (object) results in this error and not any logic i've build. As the App service is terminated prematurely, the consumed side's error handling takes over. Any thoughts on what it could be? - Can Enumerations be set to empty for App services? - Can 5.11 be causing issues? Thanks in advance! Olivier
asked
1 answers

To me, it looks like this error still is still present in Mendix 6.3.1: An Enum-attribute with empty value cannot be send via an AppService, regardless of the "Can be empty" checkbox in the parameter settings.

answered