Object access cannot be retrieved. at ..

Does anyone know what these messages mean in the serverlogs?(4-5 times a day) I cannot reproduce them locally. Other threads about this message does not make any sense (MxAdmin login etc.) An error has occurred while handling the request. [User 'Anonymous_796cb488-1100-471d-8834-9431928d0c75' with session id '2ca975dc-e2a8-45f3-b7cc-ed7d138a6239' and roles 'AnoniemeGebruiker'] com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: Object access cannot be retrieved. at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.SchemeManagerImpl.retrieveAndSetObjectAccess(SourceFile:1036) Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0 at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source) at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source) at com.mendix.az.a(SourceFile:256) at com.mendix.az$1.a(SourceFile:333) at com.mendix.az$1.get(SourceFile:272) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.SchemeManagerImpl.retrieveAndSetObjectAccess(SourceFile:1032) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.MendixObjectMemberImpl.checkAccessRetrieved(SourceFile:166) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.MendixObjectMemberImpl.hasReadAccess(SourceFile:175) at com.mendix.core.objectmanagement.MendixObjectImpl.getMembers(SourceFile:93) at com.mendix.jV.a(SourceFile:160) at com.mendix.jV.a(SourceFile:100) at com.mendix.jV.a(SourceFile:73) at com.mendix.pj$d.a(SourceFile:471) at com.mendix.pj$d.apply(SourceFile:466) at scala.collection.immutable.HashMap$HashMap1.foreach(HashMap.scala:221) at scala.collection.immutable.HashMap$HashTrieMap.foreach(HashMap.scala:428) at com.mendix.pj.a(SourceFile:466) at com.mendix.pj$g.apply$mcV$sp(SourceFile:296) at com.mendix.pj$g.apply(SourceFile:285) at com.mendix.pj$g.apply(SourceFile:285) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2$$anon$1.execute(SourceFile:158) at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(SourceFile:36) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3$$anonfun$2.apply(SourceFile:160) at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:191) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker$$anonfun$receive$3.applyOrElse(SourceFile:154) at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:465) at com.mendix.core.session.Worker.aroundReceive(SourceFile:147) at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516) at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:238) at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:220) at akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:393) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979) at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
asked
3 answers

I finally found the answer. At least I have a case where we found a cause of this error. It tried to create a record with a validation on it that already existed in the database and hence could not create this new record. In our case it was an uniqueness validation error. Hope this helps finding the root cause in your applications.
And the error message could be improved imho. Luckily we where able to reproduce the error consistently and thus could find the cause.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Any insights on this?

answered

I would also like to know if there has been progres on this issue since I’m facing the same issue with a mendix 7.23.7 app right now

answered