Email settings with multiple Cloud nodes

I have deployed an app to the Cloud, configured the email settings and all works fine. I am now deploying my 2nd application to the Cloud with the same email settings. I do not get any email errors logged in the Email Log and when debugging it appears successful to send successfully, ie no errors are trapped. However, the email is never received. Email should be going to the same account that the 1st app sent to successfully. Has anyone experienced this or have any advice/solutions? Thanks!
asked
2 answers

Hi Tracy,

What email settings are you using? If you are using localhost port 25 without login etc, the mail server listening there is quite permissive about what you submit.

If so, make sure you use a From address on which you can actually receive email. Whenever the outgoing mail server at Mendix encounters an issue (e.g. the remote mail server on the domain of your target email address refuses to accept the message), it will try to send an error report to the address you specified as from address. If sending an email to the from address is not possible, it will appear as if your original message went into some blackhole.

Hans

answered

There was a significant delay in receiving the email, but all seems to be working now.

answered