Excel Import two tables with references.

Hello, I have to import data from an excel spreadsheet into two entities in Mendix, the two entities have many to many relationship. Please help me to do this task. The excel file looks like this Postcode, AreaName, PersonName, PersonContact Row#1: TW11HT, Hounslow, Tom, 12345 Row#2: TW11HT, Hounslow, Harry, 12356 Row#3: NW13BJ, Northwood,Tom, 12345 Entity1- Area Postcode, AreaName Entity-2 Person PersonName,PersonContact I have tried using the reference in the excel import module but it doesn't seem to work.It either does not import anything in the object set as associated object or it throws an internal error. I have also tried various combinations of Import action ( synchronize, create an object for each row, etc) Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
asked
2 answers

Sometimes the easiest thing to do is to create a temporary entity that matches the structure of your Excel data, and import to there. Then you can create a microflow to manipulate the imported data to create/update the two entities and set the association and run this after the import.

Edit:

Here's the sort of microflow that you need to create sample microflow. Right-click to view it larger. Run this from a button in the datagrid of your imported data, then pass a list of rows in your microflow settings. The loop steps through each row and checks first whether the person already exists. If not it creates a new record. Then it does the same for the addresses. Then it sets the reference between the 2 records.

answered

Hello Prathibha , Are u able to create many to many association from spreadsheet ...? If yes please let me know how did u do....Hello Prathibha , Are u able to create many to many association from spreadsheet ...? If yes please let me know how did u do....

answered