Invoking a secured Web Service

Hi, I am publishing a service with authentication, but when I am trying to invoke that service through SOAP UI, I am unable to invoke that service but when I am removing the authentication service is invoked successfully What is the reason anyone knows?? SOAP Envelope:- <soapenv:envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:bid="http://bidmanager.atlasoil.com/"> <soapenv:header> <bid:authentication> <username>Username</username> <password>***</password> </bid:authentication> </soapenv:header> <soapenv:body> <bid:deltapriceload> <deltalpricepayload> <deltapriceload_transmissionheader> <transmissionheader> <transmissionid>1002</transmissionid> <transmissionsendtimestamp>2014-12-31T09:00:00</transmissionsendtimestamp> <numberofpagesintranche>1</numberofpagesintranche> <numberofrecordsintranche>2</numberofrecordsintranche> <numberofrecords>2</numberofrecords> <pagenumber>1</pagenumber> <synchmode>UpdatePrices</synchmode> </transmissionheader> </deltapriceload_transmissionheader> <deltapriceload_payload> <deltapricepayload> <dateofprices>2014-12-31T09:00:00</dateofprices> <priceindex_deltapricepayload> <priceindex> <supplierid>1000</supplierid> <supplier>102</supplier> <averageprice_priceindex> <averageprice> <suppliersupplyptid>23</suppliersupplyptid> <supplyptid>22</supplyptid> <prodcontid>21</prodcontid> <price>12.3459</price> </averageprice> </averageprice_priceindex> </priceindex> </priceindex_deltapricepayload> </deltapricepayload> </deltapriceload_payload> </deltalpricepayload> </bid:deltapriceload> </soapenv:body> </soapenv:envelope>
asked
1 answers

Make sure that the authentication is set to username and password (what you are passing in the header of the request) as this is set to no authentication by default. This could behave as you state, no authentication in the message and the web service is invoked and with authentication the service is not invoked. You can change the authentication on the settings tab of your published web service.

answered