Including images in email

Hi Mendix community, i'm currently using the email module from AppStore and I'm trying to include images inside of the email content. I've tried using base64 encoding from the communityCommons module as the src but a lot of email clients block this. I've also tried linking to my mendix App url/file?blabla as the source for the image. When i enter this URL as anonymous user it downloads the image, so I guess I have access to it. Both options give me the "download images" warning inside my email client. But each of them does not show the image afer i actually press download. Instead it gives me the missing image icon. Is it possible to include images inside the mendix email module? If so what is the most supported way of doing so? Your help is very much appreciated.
asked
3 answers

I use an template for my email messages and substitute field values into it, and this uses the Rich Text Editor widget. I find that I can just paste an image into this and it works.

answered

I have the same problem. I use the standard Email module + templates from the appstore It uses the Bootstrap RTE to compose the email and you can also add images. Only the images (as base64) are not visible at the receivers side, anyone have a solution for this? It seems like standard functionality

answered

I have tried this too without succes. You can include images in the html but in most cases, the mailserver will block them.

answered