2.5-beta has been launched for partners!

I'm happy to announce that right now Mendix 2.5-beta is available in the Parner Portal! Please read the 'moving from 2.4 to 2.5' guide carefully before migrating your project to Mendix 2.5. Let us hear your feedback by answering the following question: Which improvements in Mendix 2.5 do you like the best?
asked
14 answers

I like the document generator, so I don't need a Java expert anymore to build a document exporter.

answered

The microflow debugger! Now I am able to set breakpoints in my microflows!

answered

With the new custom widgets you can really extend the functionality of the Client and the new tutorials make it a breeze to create your own!

Custom Widget - Tutorials

answered

I love the the fact i no longer have to press 1 or 3 to sync the data model :)

answered

The possibility to perform a textual search in the Modeler (Ctrl-F or the text box in top-right corner).

answered

Anonymous logon!

By making use of 'guest users', we are able to build B2C applications based on Mendix Technology!

answered

Also Generate Forms and Automatic adding of search items! A big time saver!

answered

1) Widgets! 2) Appstore integration 3) Drag activities out of activities in the microflow modeler 4) No context anymore! (but be aware of conversion pitfalls from 2.4)

answered

Ah yes, and the find unused items functionality is so useful when refactoring/ cleaning the model!

answered

I like the Custom theme selection! As several customers wanted this!

answered

Forms automatically being filled in, and no more DOS-prompt like console.

answered

Ok, i just discovered unexpectedly that the form builder can zoom by pressing the CTRL button!

answered

Security = Off. It's great to be able to login to an app while developing & see everything without having to re-set security, or create a special user role!

answered

I would like to see the theme switcher to be part of the configuration of your forms. This to display specific forms with a specific template.

answered