unknown error starting up modeler 2.5 beta

I am running Windows XP Professional SP3 and I have just installed the .NET Framework 3.5 and the Mendix Business Modeler version 2.5-beta (build 25). When starting the new Modeler for the first time, I get the error printed below. After clicking 'Close', nothing happens and the splash screen just sits there. I have to end the Modeler.exe process to get it to close. What to do? Kind regards, Jonathan van Alteren An unknown error has occurred during the execution of the modeler. It is advised to save your changes and restart the modeler. Please file a bug report containing the details of this error. Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at System.Windows.CornerRadiusConverter.FromString(String s, CultureInfo cultureInfo) at System.Windows.CornerRadiusConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext typeDescriptorContext, CultureInfo cultureInfo, Object source) at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFromString(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, String text) at System.Windows.Markup.XamlTypeMapper.ParseProperty(Object targetObject, Type propType, String propName, Object dpOrPiOrFi, ITypeDescriptorContext typeContext, ParserContext parserContext, String value, Int16 converterTypeId)
asked
5 answers

Please check your regional settings at "Control Panel > Regional and Language Options" or "Configuratiescherm > Landinstellingen".

Do you use English (US/UK)? Click 'Customize' / 'Aanpassen' and make sure that the point is used as decimal separator instead of the comma.

Hopefully this fixes the problem. And we will work on a real solution for 2.5.0, of course.

answered

Have you installed .NET 3.5 SP1? It can be downloaded from here.

Also, did you copy the entire details message? (You can use the handy new "Copy details" button for this!) Having the entire details message will help us solve the problem much quicker.

answered

No, I didn't install SP1 for the .NET Framework 3.5. I followed the instructions on the 'Moving from 2.4 to 2.5' page, which does not mention Service Pack 1. But yes, I did copy all the details (see the stack trace above).

answered

Hmm.. as it seems, I did install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 after all. So unfortunately, SP1 doesn't resolve the problem.

answered

Thanks Arjan, that does indeed prevent the error!

answered