How to fix com.hxtt.sql.access.AccessDriver not found by project [91] error?

I am trying to use the database replication module to import an access database that is on my pc. When trying to sync the database the error: com.hxtt.sql.access.AccessDriver not found by project [91] pops up. How can I fix this? An alternative for importing a local MS access database into Mendix would also be really helpful. Thanks in advance for your help
asked
2 answers

MsAccess is not supported, you can import the access database in a SQLServer database first. If the database is smaller than 10 GB a free express version is available from microsoft.

answered

The database replication module doesn't come with out of the box support for MS Access.

However theoretically the module could support any database for which a jdbc driver is available (a jar file). That is the challenge with MS Access, the option that you see shouldn't have been visible.
That has been built once for a customer, but the hxtt library is not available for free so we can't distribute that library with the module.

For access specifically the last time I did research to find jdbc libraries was august 2013, when quickly searching I already found some other libraries that are much more mature than they were back then. When looking through those it would seem feasible that there are a couple of opensource initiatives that would allow is to provide this as built in support. This can easily be something that we can setup.
Just one more thing, since MS Access is a Microsoft product it could very well be that there is no support for usage on Linux environments. To know this for sure we'll have to do a bit of research but possibility exists that there are some challenges there, usually Microsoft doesn't allow you to use any of its products on different operating systems. So this might create some issues in the cloud.

Just to be clear the module can be easily extended so if somebody in the community needs additional support for other databases, all that is necessary is find a jdbc driver that supports queries and allows for reflection (extracting table and column information)

answered