How to setup SMTP settings for the forgot password module both local and in mendixcloud

What username, server, port, from adress and use SSL/TLS settings do I need for SMTP server when testing the forgot password module locally? I tried several forumsuggestions, like localhost for servername and port 25. That causes error "Connection refused: connect". When I use my Gmail account and smtp.gmail.com I get: 534-5.7.14 <https: accounts.google.com="" continuesignin?sarp="1&amp;scc=1&amp;plt=AKgnsbsem" 534-5.7.14="" jtfajmrmqlpofuofpu87ixq0sxn5e4sw3wg-8s8ekex6b57xwhgnpzb1u_wzpxiijksgcg="" 534-5.7.14="" xw8dj6sqwu9lzd2-7qa8rwpyh9nucltd1uai7skro3ihhmk-tkjqee5oc-lclmauujjf_u="" 534-5.7.14="" mzuksz0mrxgdxb3gaedti3oymnmpf0vvyvd9rya93ksfqfgdwro6qcczfbnqxwrkukqc9_="" 534-5.7.14="" g5z5gpgw0ktti-d1hud2gdpdrr4g=""> Please log in via your web browser and 534-5.7.14 then try again. When running in the cloud, I have the same questions for the SMTP settings. Is it also possible to ask the client of the App to provide a smtp server, although their app is running in the cloud?
asked
3 answers

Using smtp.gmail.com now works locally. I changed the settings in my Gmail account to allow "access for less secure apps".

Remains the questions why localhost does not work and the mendixcloud smtp settings

answered

For the cloud environment, use the string localhost for smpt server and port 25. Leave username, password, SLL and TLS blank. Do use a valid and exisiting from-adress, that you can receive emails in access that account!

answered

Localhost is the actual server the application is running on. So, if you run the application locally (like, on your laptop from the Modeler), you can only connect to localhost port 25 if you also run a mail server on your own computer.

In the cloud environment, you should always be able to use the localhost, port 25, because every environment has a little mail server listening there that will accept your outgoing emails and handle them.

answered