Custom Login Page - doubles concurrent user count

I have just rolled out a custom login page to an app hosted on the Mendix cloud. This page was built using the login form widget from the app store on a page accessible to anonymous users. The page looks great and gives the app a much nicer look and feel on the login page. However, navigating to the login page adds a concurrent user to my user count. As a result, the number of concurrent users on the app has doubled, and the app is now close to the license limit. These are not users who are performing work in the app - in fact they have not even authenticated. They just have the nice shiny new login screen in their browser. Did I do something wrong in the setup or configuration of my customer login page? Is there something I can do to have my customer login page and not add to my concurrent user count?
asked
2 answers

If you have no actual functionality besides logging in, you can just use HTML and CSS to create your custom login page - to do so change the login.html file of your theme.

If you have additional functionality available to people before they log in, for example a reset password option, you would use the login form widget and enable anonymous users.

Anonymous users create sessions (otherwise, they would be unable to use your additional functionality) and count towards your concurrent user limit.

You may want to investigate this however: if the total number of concurrent users remains constant, anonymous users would have no impact, since the only thing that changes is the moment their session is created. If users who are logged out are redirected to the log on screen (and now have an anonymous session), or you manually create sessions without removing the anonymous session, then you would see an increase in the number of concurrent users.

answered

Rom

Thanks for the info. We do use forgot password functionality, so I don't think an html login page would work.

I just implemented a fix with the MicroflowTimer that redirects users to our public website after a period of time on the login page. The public website has a Login link that takes people to the app. This will prevent us from having users that just have the Login page in a browser tab from counting against our concurrent user limit.

Mike

answered