Mendix Upgrade issue

Hi, We want to upgrade our project to Mendix 5.12.0 version. Currently we are using 4.5.0. We are having 6 modules that are downloaded from AppStore and we have done few customizations to these. When i upgrade the Project a message is shown saying that all the custom changes will be lost. Do we have any other option to do this as we have made so many changes and re doing these will be difficult to us?
asked
3 answers

As a rule I always try to minimize customizations of standard modules. References are easily drawn again so these are no problem. When I customize a microflow I copy it to an own module and exclude the microflow in the original module. You can then easily fix the resulting errors. When adding attributes I always create a new entity and use a generalization. This way you do not brake anything in the module and can replace the module with a new standard version when it is released. But some manual adjustment shall always be necessary I am afraid.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

All custom changes to the appstore modules will be lost.

answered

We recently upgraded from 4 to 5. As Stephan and Ronald say, all the changes will be lost and it is inevitable. It is better to follow the tips provided by Ronald as that is the best way to ensure clean upgrade.

answered