how to implement header and line entity on the same page

hi, I'm new to mendix platform, doing some testing on it. While testing, I meet such case, could anybody give me some suggestion. On the domain model: there are 2 entities, travelling_header, travelling_lines, and create associations on the header and line ( 1 -> * ). On the page: just saying user can input 1 travelling_header and multiple travelling_lines on the same page at the same time. what I have done: I create 2 data view(header & lines ) on the same page. What I want to know? 1, I found I can not edit lines on the data view, header is ok. 2, how to save header & lines simultaneously , thanks for your reply.
asked
2 answers

In Mendix, this is something you might want to use the DataGrid for, and enable the editing on a column. You would have to select each column and toggle the Editable property for those columns you want to allow editing on. To build this kind of page, drop the DataView for header, and then in that DataView, drop a DataGrid, and enable the columns you want to edit. You will then need to provide some method to add/delete lines, but that should get you started.

answered

@chad evans,

may I show all my header & lines on the same pages at the same. I want to make our user to input all data on same page without skip to another page or try to click one button?

so, I should show my header and lines. after using nested data view(refer to header) and make one data grid embedded in that data view(refer to the association or the line entity). I found that there is no using and make no sense.

after doing, I can input data on the header but cannot input data in the lines.

still ask for someone to help me to correct it . tks.

answered