How can i display the current user in the desktop layout template?

How can i display the current user in the desktop layout template?
asked
4 answers

I've done it this way:

1. Create a snippet with a datasource microflow.
  2. Create a microflow that returns the current user. Do this with a inheritance split/cast object for better performance. In the inheritance split you cast the specialization of system.user / administration.account that is used in your application.
  3. In the snippet: define a (non-editable!) text box whit the attribute you want to show. (email, name, whatever you like).
  4. Place the snippet somewhere in the lay-out container.

Good luck!

answered

I believe you can't do this on Layout level, but would need to do this on the individual pages. By making use of snippets you could minimise the amount of places you'd need to do this.

Depending on how your application is built, there are probably multiple ways to achieve showing the current user. One them I use often is by using the Microflow Label. With it, you can perform microflow actions and output a string that is displayed where you place the widget.

answered

Create a new project using the ap cloud template it's in there. You will have a working example.

answered

Robbie

If you download the Company Expenses app, you will see an example of how to do this. As you are in version 5.13.1, you will need to navigate to the All Versions tab and download the prior version as the current version is for Modeler 5.15.

Mike

answered