Check for Duplicate fields of An Entity?

I have an Entity in which all the fileds(attributes ) are filled and stored in a datagrid. When I try to enter a new Record, it Should check all the fields for Duplicacy from Existing Rows. Can we implement this feature in Mendix.
asked
3 answers

This can be done by creating your own microflow or java action.

answered

To expand on Stephan's answer: create a custom microflow for your save action. In this microflow, you can retrieve an object which has duplicate attributes (using the retrieve action). The XPath constraint would look like:

[id != $ObjectYouWantToCommit] 
[Attribute1 = $ObjectYouWantToCommit/Attribute1]
[Attribute2 = $ObjectYouWantToCommit/Attribute2]

If you retrieve such an object, you know you should not commit the current object to the database, because it is a duplicate. You can then give feedback to the user about what is wrong. If you find no such object, you can then commit the current object to the database.

answered

Mendix has a Unique constraint you can add to the Attribute of the Entity in your Domain Model.

Go to Domain Model -> Open Entity -> Validation Rules tab -> Click New -> Select Attribute -> Select the Unique radio button.

If you want to do this on multiple fields, I would suggest maybe a checksum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checksum) field with this validation.

answered