Run Microflow from HTMLSnippet

We are setting up a notification center module, and the display page has a list view to display notifications the user has, and a data view that listens to the list view, to load the full notification that is selected in the list view. What we want to do is, when the notification is loaded in the dataview, to run a micro-flow and pass in the notification object and set the notification status to 'read' in the microflow so that the user will know they have looked at it already. Is this possible with just an HTMLSnippet on the page, or would we have to write a custom widget to perform this behavior? Or is there something else that already does this? I looked a bit in the App Store, but didn't see anything obvious. Thanks for your help!
asked
3 answers

You could use the Microflow Timer widget. I believe that every time the dataview gets a new object, it should restart the timer, not sure.

You could also build the setup differently. Use a transient object on the page that has a reference to the notification. Instead of clicking the listview, you click a microflow button that changes the reference to the notification object, which you show in the dataview. This way you are already in a microflow whenever a notification is selected.

answered

Ah, I might have answered this myself with the Microflow Timer widget in the app store. Will comment back if that does what I'm hoping it does.

answered

Yes, looks like Microflow Timer is doing what we want.

answered