Error message in microflow expression: The first argument of function DateTime must be a literal integer

I try to instantiate a DateTime variable with the DateTime() function. It expects 6 integers as parameters. But when I parse a integer variable I've created earlier in the flow I get an error. The following expression: dateTime($overlijdenJaar, $overlijdenMaand, $overlijdenDag, 0, 0, 0) Gives this error: The first/second/third argument of function 'DateTime' must be a literal integer. Note: I get only errors for the first three variables. That are microflow variables of type Integer/Long
asked
2 answers

The function dateTime is there to create a date and time literal and can indeed only be used with literal integers as parameters. For example, dateTime(2010,4,9,10,2,0) for the time that I started writing this reply.

What you want to do can be achieved by constructing a textual date and then parsing it as follows:

parseDateTime($year + '-' + $month + '-' + $day, 'yyyy-MM-dd')

answered

Dear Mendix,

Is the dateTime function obsolete, in this way? When it does not accept the integer/Long type of Mendix, it is only usable with a hard coded value. That is not recommend to do in any case.

Would be nice it this 'bug' is documented in the official documentation including the workaround. https://world.mendix.com/display/refguide5/Date+creation (That would save many programmers an annoying 20 minutes, to discover that the function is useless)

Or even better; change the input type of the function, so it will accept a data type that is used by the Mendix platform!

Cheers, Andries

answered